Welcome to the Community!

Alpha - SLT & DSLR Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 11 of 22 (2,118 Views)

Re: connect a5000 to iphone

Hi, thanks for the guide above it helped with my connection issue. However, every time I turn the camera off it attempts to connect to a smartphone or computer for back-up. Is there a way to turn this feature off? I'd like to to simply shut off with-out the extra step of telling it not to connect.

Thanks!

Message 12 of 22 (2,098 Views)

Hi GreenBS,

Welcome to the Sony Community!

From what you described the prompt may be due to the Sync to Smartphone app. Whenever you turn the camera off, the camera wll display the message of trying to connect to a mobile device which has been registered to the app. This allows the camera to automatically send the images in the camera to the phone and also to your PlayMemories Online account. You can turn the Auto Transfer off by going to the Menu and selecting the app. Open the Sync to Smartphone app and click on Auto Transfer to turn it On/Off. 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution". Thanks_Mitch

Enthusiast
Message 13 of 22 (1,554 Views)

hi there,

i have also been having a lot of trouble, i have the playmemory app on my sony phone, and followed all the steps, occasionally i have successfully transferred photos onto my phone, but i don't know what i did that was different, most of the time i have a lot of trouble connecting, (turned off mobile data and home wifi as well) it keeps saying wifi connected but there's no internet, any other tips? thinking of taking my camera back to the retailer and get the techxperts to take a look if i can't get it resolved, so frustrating :'(

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 22 (1,554 Views)

Re: connect a5100 to iphone

hi there,

i have also been having a lot of trouble, i have the playmemory app on my sony phone, and followed all the steps, occasionally i have successfully transferred photos onto my phone, but i don't know what i did that was different, most of the time i have a lot of trouble connecting, (turned off mobile data and home wifi as well) it keeps saying wifi connected but there's no internet, any other tips? thinking of taking my camera back to the retailer and get the techxperts to take a look if i can't get it resolved, so frustrating :'(

Enthusiast
Message 15 of 22 (1,488 Views)

Hi,

Just wanna ask my sony camera have this notice now everytime I click the shutter 'Movie recording starts with movie button. Still image shooting is invalid in this mode. It is only available in modes other than movie mode'. Do you think in which part of the setting do i need to fix?thanks

Tin
Message 16 of 22 (1,435 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Tintin29,

Your camera might be currently set to [Movie Mode] in this situation. 

Change the shooting mode other than [Movie Mode]:

MENU → (Camera Settings) → [Shoot Mode] → desired setting.

For further assistance, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region at http://www.sony-asia.com/locale-selector?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Regards,

-Anthony

Rookie
Message 17 of 22 (1,224 Views)

I have an iphone 6 through Verizon Wireless. When I turn off my cellular data, connect to the wifi through the camera (Direct-******-******

), and open the Play Memories App--it says "A network connection is required. Please check your connection and try again." If I leave the cellular data on, then the pictures do not transfer. I do not know what else to do.

Message 18 of 22 (1,169 Views)

Hi Sarah020691,

You must select [MENU] → [Send to Smartphone] → [Select on This Device] on the camera first before connecting the smartphone to the camera via Wi-Fi.

Please make sure to follow every step on the link below to send pictures:

http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/www/disoft/int/playmemories-mobile/en/operation/dsc_send_ios.htm...

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Regards,

-Anthony

Enthusiast
Message 19 of 22 (1,146 Views)

Hi,

I'm still got issues and can't get any images off my camera to my phone.
I've followed the steps in the previous sections with no success. Turned mobile data off, tried it on, turned the phone on airplane mode but with wifi turned back on. I've tried every selection option on the phone (this image, multiple image, select on phone), I've tried the app open already on the phone and opened once connected to the camera.
The phone says connecting or sharing depending on which order I've done things in but the app is lifeless and just shows the home page... no connection at all.

I've an iPhone 7, latest iOS, play memories version 5.5, phone firmware 1.1.

Any help would be great as I'll be returning the camera if this doesn't work.

Thanks,
Gavin
Enthusiast
Message 20 of 22 (1,123 Views)

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook