Alpha - SLT & DSLR Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 6 (780 Views)
Accepted Solution

how do I capture full sized still images out of 4 K video using Sony ar 7 ii camera?

How do I capture full-still images from 4 K video using Sony ar 7 ii camera?  I would like an app to be developed so that I can capture still images in camera.  I cannot find a post processing softward that does not down size the still image.  The down sized images cannot be printed in large sizes without lack of image quality.

Message 2 of 6 (752 Views)

Re: how do I capture full sized still images out of 4 K video using Sony ar 7 ii camera?

[ Edited ]

Hi StephanieHazen,

Please make sure to set the highest quality video option available on the camera.

You can use the Sony PlayMemories Home software to capture stills on a video:

1. In the PlayMemories Home menu bar, under Edit, select Edit/Convert.
  2. Select Save Frame on the Edit/Convert Videos menu.
  3. Click the video you want to edit, drag and drop it into the area on the right, and then click Next.
  4. In the Save Frame window, move the slider to select the frame you want to capture and click Save.
  5. In the Picture Saved window, click OK.

PMH_VideoEdit_2e-desktop.png

N) Filter: For videos that contain markers, you can select the markers to be displayed.
O) Trimming: You can set the aspect ratio to be trimmed.
P) Autocorrect: You can correct the brightness and contrast of a photo to the most suitable levels for that image automatically (The default setting is "Standard").
Q) Preview: You can see a preview of the photo that is cut-out.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Regards,

-Anthony

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 6 (737 Views)

Re: how do I capture full sized still images out of 4 K video using Sony ar 7 ii camera?

Thank you Anthony!  I will try this!

Stephanie

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 6 (728 Views)

I tried this. The video I made with the Sony ar7 ii is a .mov format which is not supported for editing in this program. what to do.
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 6 (727 Views)

Anthony,  the 4 K video I made today from my Sony ar7ii was 4 k and the file was .mov which is not supported by Sony Play Memories video editing software.  What to do?

Professional
Message 6 of 6 (696 Views)

The A7R II can save movies in any of the following file formats: XAVC S 4K, XAVC S HD, AVCHD, and MP4. The "mov" file you've got is a result of processing one of these files into a QuickTime movie, presumeably on your Macintosh computer.

PlayMemories will work with the movie files straight from the camera, not the files you've created from them.

¹ The Lens is the Thing
² 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'
³ "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook