Welcome to the Community!

Bloggie

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 2 (3,370 Views)

Bloggie MHS-TS20 will not focus

Why is a corporation as large as "SONY", not addressing this issue, which has been talked about extensively on social media. Why do we as the consumer have to pay to have this repaired, when it is clearly a hardware problem. My camera is in perfect condition and has never been abused and yet I seem to be having the problem as other Sony customers and your tech support team can do nothing but walk me through the same steps that I have already done, case in point: Initialize and Format and restore Factory Settings, which does nothing to solve this issue.

Please Respond

Elden Sorenson

Highlighted
Message 2 of 2 (3,317 Views)

Re: Bloggie MHS-TS20 will not focus

Hi elbo7777

Welcome to the Sony Community! 

Thanks for your post. Sorry for not replying sooner. We're sorry to hear about this problem that you're having with your Bloggie. We recommend you perform the troubleshooting steps below, if you shoot a still image of a subject that is difficult to focus on 

• The shortest shooting distance is approximately 10 cm (4 inches).
  • If the camera cannot focus on a subject automatically, the AE/AF lock indicator changes to slow flashing and the beep does not sound. Recompose the shot.
  • Focusing may be difficult in the following situations:

– It is dark and the subject is distant.

– The contrast between the subject and the background is poor.

– The subject is seen through glass.

– The subject is moving quickly.

– There is reflective light or shiny surfaces.

– The subject is flashing.

– The subject is backlit.

If my post answers your question, please don't forget to click the button below "Accept as Solution". Again, thank you!

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook