Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Bloggie

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 1 of 7 (9,494 Views)

Bloggie lost all pictures and video taken before new year.

Somehow, the bloggie lost all pictures and video I have taken before Jan 1, 2011. I know I did not delete any of pictures on this camera, but the crossover of the Jan 1, 2011 seems remove all old pictures. Why? It must be a software bug or something.

I bought my bloggie from HBC Canada, The Bay, in December, 2010.

My Bloggie has 8GB memory.

Any idea? Do you have the same problem with your Sony Bloggie?
Message 2 of 7 (9,491 Views)

Re: Bloggie lost all pictures and video taken before new yea

Check to see if you have the full space available on the bloggie - if they really are completely missing then there are many 3rd party file recovery programs out there, some free, that can be used to recover accidentally deleted or corrupted files. In this circumstance you also have to be very careful - to increase the likelihood of being able to recover the photos and video after they have been deleted don't save any new photos, files or data to your bloggie until you've made the recovery attempt.
Rookie
Message 3 of 7 (9,240 Views)

Re: Bloggie lost all pictures and video taken before new year.

[ Edited ]

I am sorry to hear that, you can try to use some camera photo recovery software. I ever useda recovery software named Tenorshare Photo Recovery to recover lost photos from my camera!

Apprentice
Message 4 of 7 (9,063 Views)

Depended on my experience, your lost photos may be still in the camera, and if you want recover photos from camera, you had better not use it before photos are recovered. I was so ****** that I kept using my camera after lost photos, so when I used recovery software to get back deleted photos, I just can recover some of them with tool. You can know more here: how to recover lost photos and videos from Sony camera!

Rookie
Message 5 of 7 (8,955 Views)

After you deleted your photos and videos, it's better to stop using the camera to store new photos, or the deleted files might be overwritten and gone forever.You can use some data recovery tools to help you recover the deleted videos and photographs.

Rookie
Message 6 of 7 (8,564 Views)

You can recover pictures and videos from Sony camera such as bloggie with data recovery software, see this solution: Sony camera file recovery

helped me before. hope this helps you too.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 7 (8,038 Views)

[ Edited ]

I’m sorry to hear this frustrated news. Maybe my answer is a little bit late, but I still want to share some of my experiences. I hope it’s helpful to other Sony camera users.

Yes, you guess right! Probably your pictures and videos were lost due to a software bug or memory card error. In fact, unlike hard drives, memory cards are vulnerable to physical or logical damage. Therefore, it is unsuitable to store data on memory cards permanently. Digital camera or smart phone users should promptly transfer important documents, pictures or video files from memory cards to computer hard drives or portable hard disks.

Have you taken new photos and videos after losing all the pictures and videos a year later? Or did you saved new files to your digital camera’s memory? If the answers are No, you have a great chance to recover lost pictures and videos with the powerful Sony picture recovery software; otherwise, it will greatly reduce the possibility of Sony photo recovery.

Technically speaking, the missing files may be overwritten by new photographs and videos. Once the missing files are overwritten, then they will disappeared completely (can not be recovered). Therefore, once the carelessly delete or accidentally loss important files, the users should stop writing any files to the memory card. Meanwhile, do not shoot new photos or videos with the digital camera unless the lost files have been retrieved.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook