Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Bloggie

Tuning Up
boogrrl3

Can I save a corrupted .mp4 file?

I have a Sony Bloggie MHS-TS20 and Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0. My computer shutdown unexpectedly while I was editing. When i rebooted and opened my Vegas project I got a message that one of my videos was missing. I searched my Bloggie library and found that the .mp4 file was missing and an .mp4.tmp file was in its place. The .mp4.tmp file appears to be raw data; it's 46.0 GB.Is there a converter that will change it back to an .mp4, or any other video format that I can edit in Vegas? 

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
FrancisG

Re: Can I save a corrupted .mp4 file?

The .tmp file is a temporary file that may have been left behind by the Vegas Movie Studio software. You may have to contact our Sony Creative Software Team for more information regarding the recovery of the lost project / video.

I would recommend that you recover the missing video from the Bloggie camera itself. You may contact Sony Media Services for more information regarding the recovery of the file. There also may be file recovery services in your area that you can check out as well.

Please use plain text.