Blu-Ray - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (950 Views)

A line of blue dots while watching in 1080

Hello,

I have a Sony Bdv E 4100, and a 55 inch Hd (1080) tv. When I set the resolution to 1080 in my Blu ray player, there appears a flickering line of blue dots on the screen in one vertical line, towards the end of screen, on the right. These dots are not constant, but appear when the video fades to black, with blue. So they appear constantly when in the default home screen of the player, since it's black and blue. The problem persists on Blu ray disks, and USB playback. I have tried changing HDMI cables, but the problem persists. I have ruled out it being an issue with the TV, by playing same media with another source. My Sony system is just about a month old, and I noticed this issue after upgrading my tv today. The issue does not appear while watching in 720 resolution. I have tried both 1080p and i and the problem persists. My old tv was a 32 inch 720 resolution tv.
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 4 (948 Views)

Re: A line of blue dots while watching in 1080

Also have tried resetting screen settings, and have left everything to auto
Message 3 of 4 (844 Views)

Hi Thirdmainroad,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

We're sorry to hear that your having picture issues. You may try do to a factory reset on the unit to further isolate the issue. Kindly refer to page 52 of this link:

https://docs.sony.com/release//BDV-E6100_E4100_E3100_E2100.pdf

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/locale-selector?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,
~Ralph

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 4 of 4 (802 Views)

Thanks

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook