Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 29 (8,323 Views)
Accepted Solution

All web apps have disappeared on BD-BX57 (Please help)

When I turn on my BD-BX57, none of the apps (Audio: Pandora, etc. Video: Netflix, youtube, etc.) no longer appear. My diagnostics show that I am still connected to wifi and I have an ip address and all the other items to show I am connected, but nothing shows in my menu choices except my disk and external hard drive. Any ideas?

Expert
Message 2 of 29 (8,310 Views)

Re: All web apps have disappeared on BD-BX57 (Please help)

Hello C Lloyd

Internet video icons may disappear or be removed from the menu of the Blu-ray Player when the Internet settings change. The Internet setting may change for the following reasons:

1) The Internet video device is being used in a different country or region. The Internet video apps are region based and may not work in different countries or regions.
    2) The network settings such as the Internet Protocol (IP) is changed by the Internet Service Provider (ISP). In this case it may be necessary to reset the network equipment and redo the network set up from the menu of the Player.
    3) The ISP was replaced or changed. Even if the Network hardware stays the same, it may be necessary to reset the network equipment and redo the network set up from the menu of the Player.

Update the Firmware to the latest version.

Reset the Player to factory default settings for 3 times.
1) Using the supplied remote, press HOME button.
2) Select Settings (brief case icon).
3) Select Resetting and finally select "Reset to Factory Default Settings".

Regards,

Colby

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 29 (8,209 Views)

I'm one of the dozens who have lost their apps on their Sony Blu Ray Player. I did not move, I am still in Southern California, and I too am a Time Warner subscribers. I had about 30 VIDEO APPS on my BRP and tonight - ALL but 4 are gone. Why is this? I've reset the player FOUR times - no change.. I'm still missing my 30 VIDEO APPS....Can you escalate this to another Sony employee who actually has knowledge about Sony blu ray players??

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 29 (7,938 Views)

I am wondering if yours came back I am in Florida central time zone on a bx58 player with same problem. I spent 3 hours yesterday. Doing all the above, takes with a Sony representative and my Internet provider with no luck. My player seems to think I am in China as the only icon I have available suddenly is a chineses movie
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 29 (7,932 Views)

I live in Florida central time zone too.  I have the same model as you have BX58 and have the same exact problem as you shared.  My player is thinking its in China too.  Checked out my IP address and even talked to Sony's tech support.  All they told me was someone from their engineering was going to get back with me.  This just stumps me.

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 29 (7,923 Views)

Hello fellow frustrated BD users,

Include me also, 2 seperate BD players are "chinese channel" video, went through all the suggested remedies to no avail.

Hope SONY is listening !! The problem isnt on our end !  I too am in Florida.

YIKES !

Rookie
Message 7 of 29 (7,890 Views)

I am also in FL my provider is century link I connect wireless and Sunday night I woke up my blue-ray to find only one lonely Chinese icon under video and nothing else I've reset four 5 times everything. If you find a solution please post I hate watching Netflix and hulu threw my laptop even tho its hdmi connected to the tv. It's just a pain. Good Luck I'll share any success if I find any please do the same...... Lost w/o my Blue-Ray in Fl :-(
Enthusiast
Message 8 of 29 (7,877 Views)

I too am in NW Florida, Centurylink. I lost my aps save for a lone Chinese video link. Any new info? I have three Sony Players all hooked to internet. Time to go to Samsung?
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 29 (7,873 Views)

I did not mention that this has happened to all three Sony systems, all BX57s. So it is not the machine itself. It is either Sony...my guess, or the internet provider. We're waiting Sony. Fix it now. How about going back to the previous firmware version or software update and releasing that under a new version, until you fix this extremely irritating problem? All those in favor? Yeah this happened on Sunday as well to all three machines.
Enthusiast
Message 10 of 29 (7,830 Views)

Colby,

I have tried all of your recommended fixes, multiple times. None of them work. This seems to be a prevalent problem starting on or about Sunday. Do you have any new information you can put our way? My frustrations are mounting as I am paying for internet services my Sony equipment no longer allows me to access.

Thank you

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook