Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - General

Tuning Up
jjwill_sdsu
Accepted Solution

When I attempt to play Avatar in 3D, I get an error message along the lines of "Your 3d player did not detect a 3d display.  I have a Sony BDPBX59 blu-ray player connected through a Pioneer VSX-1021k receiver to an LG 60lm7200.  3D contect from DirectTV plays just fine when routed through the receiver.  I have also directly connected the blu-ray player to the TV with the same error message.  I have seen that this appears to be a fairly common problem for Avatar, but I haven't seen any particular solutions for sony players.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ErikV

Re: Avatar 3D won't play on BDPBX59

Jordan,

Try the steps mentioned and check if the disc is being played:

1. Make sure that the latest system software (firmware) update has been downloaded and installed.
    • If the BD player is connected to an active high-speed Internet connection, the update can be downloaded using the Menu of the player.
    • If the player is not connected to the Internet, click the Drivers & Software link on this page to download the latest update.
  2. The BD player must be connected to the television with a High-Speed HDMI cable.
  3. The BD output must be set at 1080P.
    1. Press the HOME button.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select Screen Settings.
    4. Select BD/DVD-ROM 1080/24P Output.
    5. Select Auto.
    6. Press Enter.
  1. The television must be set up for 3D viewing using the recommended 3D glasses and transmitter.

If the issue still persists, reset the BD Player to the factory default settings. You can find the Resetting option under Setup menu of the Player.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Thank you for your post.

Please use plain text.