Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 2 (1,463 Views)
Accepted Solution

BDP-N460 does not play a bluera yDual Layer Data Disc with one video file

I am at a base home menu. 

When I load it, the player tries to read a disc - and afterter 30 seconds or so I get home menu back - no error or no message.  As if the disc was not put in.

I do not have USB drive attached to it nor the player is  connected to the internet, 

I did connect earlier and updated the firmware. Restarted several times, disconnected from power supply ... all the standard suggested fixes but no avail. 

What is going on?   Does the player does not read DL BlueRay data disk?   The reason for video on data disc is that it is a video taken of a family function. It is uncompressed Blue Ray video file (that is what I am told).  What are the options to read it?   

On a related note - what is the capacity of USB drive reader (If I put data on 64GB USB disk - will it read it from there)? I do not want to buy a USB drive and then learn that N460 can only read ****** GB!

Thanks

Message 2 of 2 (1,373 Views)

Re: BDP-N460 does not play a bluera yDual Layer Data Disc with one video file

Hi Kd101,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

The BDP-N460 does support playback of Dual Layer disc, you can check the specification from this link for the supported formats of your player: https://docs.sony.com/release/specs/BDPN460_mksp.pdf see page 2. You can refer to this link to troubleshoot the issue when trying to play the disc: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/66596/.

Best regards,

-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook