Blu-Ray - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Kit Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 8 (1,269 Views)

BDP-S3500 After Update constant restarts

I updated the software on my Blu-Ray Player today. It did not display any error messages during the install.

After the update was complete, the player now restarts immediately upon booting. I cannot do anything on the menu, as it restarts immediately upon starting. I cannot open the disc tray, as it is completely unresponsive.

Is there any way to reset the software?

It has been over a year since we got this player, so I do not think it is still under warranty.

Message 2 of 8 (1,234 Views)

Re: BDP-S3500 After Update constant restarts

Hi Kit,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

We regret to hear that this issue started to happen after upgrading the firmware. Unfortunately, we cannot revert or reset the firmware to the old version. However, we suggest attempting a power reset to resolve this issue. To perform the power reset, press and hold the POWER button on the front of the Blu-ray Disc player for 10 seconds. The Blu-ray Disc player should turn off. If it does not turn off, unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet. This steps can be accessed at this link.

After performing the above steps and we can access the menu perform a factory reset: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49730

Hope this help.

Best regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Highlighted
Kit Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 8 (1,230 Views)

"If my post answers your question" - It does not.

My problem is basically that I can do nothing BUT power resets. I counted today and roughly 10 seconds after it turns on, it resets. It does so constantly so long as it is plugged in.

There is nothing touching the power button. It is not physically depressed, as I can push it and it clicks down.

I leave it unplugged now.

Thank you. I look forward to buying a new Blu-Ray player. (That's sarcasm)

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 8 (1,121 Views)

Same exact problem. Someone at Sony, please solve.
Message 5 of 8 (1,057 Views)

Hi Scpkelly,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

We are very sorry to hear what happened with your player. Kindly send me a private message with you Event ID or Reference number if any, so we can review your file. 

We look forward hearing this from you. 

Regards,

~Erin

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 8 (1,011 Views)

I have encountered the same restart issue over the past week since the update, also after the resets the favourites are lost. Today it won't boot beyond the "Sony Blu-Ray Disc" splash page.  Have tried power cycles, unplugging etc. no luck.

Seens to have turned into a brick.

There are lots  of reports about this issue and no resolutions...?

Help!

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 8 (1,005 Views)

Have found plugging the power in while holding the front panel power button in, seemed to rest it and turned it off. Then turned it on via remote and it booted ok. All apps were reset.
Will see how it goes....
Rookie
Message 8 of 8 (582 Views)

Not sure what happened. All was well. Now only Netflix works, which is weird, but nothing else. I can't even access the Set Up menu. It just times out and stays on the bluescreen. I called but I'm 4 months past warranty. Tried all of the re-boot actions with power button, clapped twice and whistled once. Sony had better find a way to auto-update this unit, or go back. Terrible to treat consumers this way.  

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook