Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 1 (117 Views)

BDP-S3700 audio dropouts with Samsung TV

I am having problems with audio dropouts while playing Blu-rays and DVDs on my Sony BDP-S3700 player connected directly to my newly purchased Samsung 40M5300 TV. I have had no problems with my older Samsung TV, but with this new one I am getiing a series of 1/2 second audio dropouts when watching any blu-ray or DVD. Usually happened twice during the viewing of any movie. Very irritating and makes it difficult to enjoy. I've tried everything - factory updates, resets, different HDMI cords, changing the settings on each device, trying different Sony blu-ray players, etc. but still having the same issue. I believe this has something to do with the HDCP encoding happening during the HDMI handshake. There doesn't seem to be any way to stop this other than buying a different TV or blu-ray player. If anyone who has had this problem can help me I would appreciate it. I've posted on a number of other forums and nobody is responding. I'd like to get this resolved before the return date on my Best Buy receipt for my Samsung expires.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook