Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - General

Groovin'
showa

BDP-S570 WINDOWS 8 STREAMING

Hi Forum. please could you advise if there are any incapatibilties with Windows 8 ? using windows media player streaming to the BDPS570.I am able to stream photos ,but the BDPS570 don't seem to connect from windows media player when i try and stream music ? there does not seem to be a connection to WMP , the computer i am using is  is recogised in the sony network settings, any info welcome ,many thanlks .showa  

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ColbyP

Re: BDP-S570 WINDOWS 8 STREAMING

[ Edited ]

Hello Kevin,

Welcome to Sony Community.

The compatible music file formats supported by the Player are:  MP3 (.mp3), AAC(.m4a), WMA9 Standard (.wma), LPCM (.wav)

As part of the normal operation of the player, music cannot be added to a slide show being played using the DLNA feature of the player.

Refer the below link to setup DLNA for Windows 8 Computer.

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/documentLink.do?externalId=C1032514

Refer the below link to troubleshoot this issue.

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/documentLink.do?externalId=C1025380

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
showa

hi Colby, thanks for your reply,the links helped to check,i have a dnla connection between laptop and sony bluray player and I can see on the sony ui that I am connected in Photo and Video ,but it will not connect in Music,I have tried different music files mp3 ,but windpe media player does not connect to the sony ? many thanks Kevin
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ColbyP

[ Edited ]

Kevin, does any error message appear while trying to stream music files?

Sometimes even security programs and firewalls can block data streaming. Temporarily disable security software and check.

Ensure that all the music files are stored in “MUSIC” folder.

Download the sample files to the Media Server and confirm that it plays.

Follow the steps as mentioned below to update the server list.

Press HOME button>select setup (brief case icon)>Network settings>Connection server settings>press OPTIONS button and select Delete All Media Servers>Yes.

After that, press OPTIONS button again and select Update Server List.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.