Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 2 (236 Views)

BDP-s1700 doesn't respond to any button, after 2 time use, very disappointing

I got my first s1700 last nov, it works great until this April, it stopped working at all, could not turn on or eject my blue ray disc. I tried all the methods online or from manual, turn off a while, and reconnect, child lock, the machine just did't respond. So I contacted with custom service, and they did telephone trouble shooting, and could not solve problem, either.  So I mailed the old one back and they delivered a brand new one to me. I got this new machine 2 month ago, and only used for 2 times. Then it stopped working at all with the same problem. I live in CA, and it is usually very dry, and there is no pets or kids at my home, I have no idea what is wrong with it.

I don't want to contact the customer service and redeliver a new one, this is really disappointing.

Message 2 of 2 (177 Views)

Re: BDP-s1700 doesn't respond to any button, after 2 time use, very disappointing

Hi Ccesm,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience that this issue had caused. Below are the recommended steps to follow to fix the problem.

If the unit is not powering on, follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.

1. Make sure the power cord is securely connected to the player and plugged into a working electrical outlet.

IMPORTANT: After plugging the player into an electrical outlet for the first time, wait 10 seconds before trying to turn on the power.

2. Try turning on the power by pressing the POWER button on the front of the player.

NOTE: If the player turns on by pressing the POWER button on the front, but not with the remote control, then the batteries in the remote control may need to be replaced. Also, make sure nothing is blocking the infrared (IR) sensor on the player.

3. If the player is connected to the TV via HDMI® cable, disconnect the HDMI from the player and press the power button again on the unit. Once the unit is on, turn off the Control for HDMI from the System Settings menu.

4. If possible, try a different high-speed HDMI cable

5. Try plugging the power cord into a different electrical outlet.

Additional steps to follow if the player is not responding: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41801.

If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.

Best regards,

-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook