Blu-Ray - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 2 (655 Views)

BDV-N9200WL Audio format not supported

Hello everyone.

I just bought the BDV-N9200WL. I understand that this unit does support Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD but not through HDMI.

I have tried playing MKV container videos via USB with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD audio, but when I open the files, an error message pops-up saying "Audio format not supported" every single time.

I have found two other topics related to the same issue, however there is no helpful information on the matter.

Would someone please explain to us what forms of Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD is ACTUALLY supported by this system? The retailers at the store have also not been able to help me.

I'm not sure if this helps, but my current firmware version reads M21.R.0169 when the current version on the sony website is actually M21.R.0164.

Could my problems be a firmware issue? is the 0169 verion an actual Official Sony firmware or have I purchased a bad unit?

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 2 of 2 (375 Views)

Re: BDV-N9200WL Audio format not supported

I have the same weird behavior.

Systeminformation says M12.R.0169 on my BDV-9200W

Did you manage to get any information?

Did you try to downgrade your AVR?

Mine was purchased ~1/2 year ago in Austria (the firmware may be restricted to region)

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook