Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 11 of 21 (4,026 Views)

Re: Blu-ray S3200 - Hulu will not load

This has been a problem for a year and a half ago. Hulu changed something and broke something and are not interested in fixing it. It didn't work with my Sony Blu-Ray player or my Samsung TV (which has Hulu on it). I am now using a Roku, which appears to support Hulu, but I have chosen not to do business with Hulu because of this nonsense. The problem will never be fixed.

Rookie
Message 12 of 21 (3,410 Views)

mine just started doing this saturday. it was fine before then.

Message 13 of 21 (3,381 Views)

Hi Brandicovey518,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

Are you getting any error messages regarding this issue? Also, please make sure to install the latest software version of your BluRay player.

Regards,

^Ron

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 21 (3,366 Views)

Hi I would like to know if anyone knows shortcut in startup region change from say AU to US to access download Hulu app for Sony Blu-Ray player BDP-S6500?

I know with other manufacturers there is like a region mode or service mode that you press a whole bunch of buttoms and then says choose your country and then it would update all apps for that region. 

Or if anyone knows any link where you can download a Hulu app application to install or device via USB? This is for models BDP-S6500

Any help advice would be great.

Message 15 of 21 (3,319 Views)

Hi Kennandrews72,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

^Ron

Apprentice
Message 16 of 21 (3,176 Views)

No error message, just a twirling dot, endlessly spinning in a circle, till I reboot machine. 

Message 17 of 21 (3,150 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Giles,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

We are sorry to hear about the issue and we apologized for the inconvenience that this may have caused.. Please check the next link on how to troubleshoot the issue.  https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/75509/p/47329%2C47564%2C91679/c/65%2C66/kw/how%20t...

Regards,

Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 18 of 21 (3,147 Views)

This has been a problem for over 2 years and neither Sony or Hulu intend to fix it. I only use my DVD player fir DVDs. I switched to Roku a long time ago. Apple, Amazon, Google all have equipment that works.
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 19 of 21 (2,279 Views)

I have the same issue, it recently started also, Ive done all the recommended steps and still no HULU, so is Roko the way to go?

Apprentice
Message 20 of 21 (851 Views)

Hi Erin,

Sorry for the long wait to respond, but I read all of the treads on this issue and gathered that Sony really does not have a clue on how to fix it.

Still, hope springs eternal. 

The issue is not with Hulu, so you response served only to pass the buck, and that is most unhelpful. 

My guess is that the issue is not with Hulu, because my BD BX510 does not even GET to Hulu, it just provides a spinning disc of death, freezes, and accepts no more input from the remote or device top buttons. 

This is also happens with MLB At-Bat, YouTube, Pandorra, and Opera.  Many other apps may also be affected, but recycling after each failure is necessary, and the trend is clear.  Only Netflix and Amazon Prime work. 

I have done a factory reset, resetting all, to no avail.  I have done an Initialize Personal Information, to no avai.

At you direction, I have tried the Hulu site.  To follow any of its suggestions requires me to at least REACH Hulu to troubleshoot.  If I cannot even reach Hulu, MLB, YouTube, Pandora, and Opera, i doubt they can help. 

And I do not appear to be the only person with a device so afflicted. 

Please help me fix it

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook