Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert
Message 91 of 259 (4,148 Views)

Re: Blu-ray disc won't play on Blu-ray player

Hi mreine! I will send you a PM here in the community. 

Enthusiast
Message 92 of 259 (4,121 Views)

I have also had a great experience with my player, BDP-s380, until today.   We updated the firmware 3 days ago and now although everything else seems to be working (network, usb video playback), it won't read any discs.  "NO DISC" is the message returned on the display of the player and I know it was playing discs as recently as Wednesday - 2 days ago.   Did this update break my player?   Any way to get a copy of the last firmware and flash it with a USB stick?  Sounds like a lot of people having the issue after the update.

Enthusiast
Message 93 of 259 (4,116 Views)

I will not buy another SONY product ever after seeing how many people have been shafted by SONY.
Never. You and General Motors should get married. Hacks.
Expert
Message 94 of 259 (4,084 Views)

Hi sonyfan2014!

Have you tried the troubleshooting on this link? 

Enthusiast
Message 95 of 259 (4,076 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hi Brian, yes and it will not recognize any disc, not just the blu ray discs even after a full reset, power disconnect etc.
Expert
Message 96 of 259 (4,064 Views)

If issue persists, then the player needs service. Please visit eService website to locate the nearest Sony Authorized Servicers in the area. 

Enthusiast
Message 97 of 259 (4,055 Views)

Do you know if there is a fee for this? I just got this out of the box, it is brand new.

Enthusiast
Message 98 of 259 (4,049 Views)

Thanks Brian, I'm not willing to spend money to fix this though when shop rates are higher than the cost of buying a separate second hand unit. Surely there must be a way to flash the old firmware - or even reflash the new firmware through a USB drive to try it out? Or would the diagnosis be free if it does turn out to be a bad flash or a faulty firmware?
Expert
Message 99 of 259 (4,017 Views)

Hi sonyfan2014! For further assist you, we kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site and contact the Sony Support Center in your region. Thanks!

Enthusiast
Message 100 of 259 (3,960 Views)

Hi Brian, I started going through the Sony Support site and get as far as entering my model number and then the specific error and the site just returns a website link to this error message "The page you have requested cannot be displayed.". Where should I go from here?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook