Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 31 of 259 (33,132 Views)

Re: Blu-ray disc won't play on Blu-ray player

For real? I don't know what to do, I want see my movies, I'm desperate, Sony we really need your help
Rookie
Message 32 of 259 (33,057 Views)

Re: Blu-ray dics won't play on Blu-ray player

[ Edited ]

I have a 1.5 month old S3100 that wouldn't play Blu-Ray after the lastest version update. Try checking your display settings on the home menu. Go To Setup-Display Settings-BD ROM 24P Output and set it to off. Even though my tv is 1080P it wouldn't work with 24P set to auto. Mine would stream internet content fine and would play DVDs (because 24P for DVD was OFF), but not BD.. Changed this setting and no more issues with BD. BTW...love this unit so far. Very quick loading. We use internet content mostly and this unit accesses Netflix, VUDU, Amazon, and Huluplus easily from the home menu. Love it.

Enthusiast
Message 33 of 259 (32,982 Views)

BDP-S500

Rev 14.0 (latest)

will not play more recent releases (ex: Seven Psychopaths -- which is special, as it is districbuted by Sony Entertainment)

Plays older DVDs

How about we just start a list of models and movies they will not play?

The bad thing about the BDP-S500 is that it doesn't have a graceful way of handling DVDs with a format it cannot handle: it just sits there, trying to load it.

You have to do the "restart trick" to eject the thing.

Enthusiast
Message 34 of 259 (32,932 Views)

Sony, you guys could please release an update. There are some new discs that are not playing at all. Two of them are produced by Sony DADC... so whats going on? New firmware update please! Im almost buying one of the Pioneers player... :\
Enthusiast
Message 35 of 259 (32,930 Views)

Same thing was happening to me with American Ganster.....Finally returned the Sony player and got a Panasonic DMP-BDT230

Works great, especially with my newer HDMI receiver.....Good Luck

Rookie
Message 36 of 259 (32,911 Views)

So here is what I found when mine froze up: I could not get the home screen or player to load anything. I tried the flash drive. I had to spend $45 at the local repair shop for them to clean and realign the bottom laser (not sure how is got out of alignment b/c player is never moved) and also he was able to get the software updated.

I JUST WANT TO POINT OUT THIS "Sony" WEB FORUM IS AN EPIC WASTE OF TIME. NO ONE FROM SONY RESPONDS AND MOST CONSUMERS HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE TO MINE OR JUST RETURNED THE ****** THING. I also called Sony, coming to this forum was their idea of help. If i can help you choose to return your product, thatsbless stressful than keeping it; given a choice, I will NEVER buy another Sony product.
Enthusiast
Message 37 of 259 (32,812 Views)

I have a brand new Sony Blu-ray DVD Player BDP-S3100. 

I have a Samsung TFT-LCD Television LNT4665, 46” with dimensions of 1920x1080 and will handle 1080i, 1080p or 720p signals.   

They are directly connected through an HDMI cable that has been tested with other devices and works fine. I have also tried it with another HDMI cable with the same results.  

When I go to the HDMI3 connection on the TV and turn the Blu-ray player on I see the Sony and Blu-ray logos for a moment then I get a "Not supported mode" on the TV.  It stays that way. 

Anyone know how to fix this?

Expert
Message 38 of 259 (32,782 Views)

If you are able to pull up the bluray menu, please access “Screen Settings” then set the "OUTPUT VIDEO RESOLUTION" to AUTO and turn OFF “BD-ROM 24p", "DVD-ROM 24p” and “HDMI Deep Color."

To Enter Screen settings, press HOME menu button (Remote)> SETUP (suit case icon)> Screen Settings.

If you are not able to pull up bluray menu then you may need to connect the player to another TV to do the settings adjustments since this bluray model is not capable of composite or component cable connection.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accepted Solution".

Rookie
Message 39 of 259 (32,589 Views)

Hi,

I have a Sony BDP-BX1. The player has been stellar in terms of PQ, and in every other way. I have the most up to date firmware installed. I recently bought Shoah, the Criterion Edition BD set. Oddly enough, can only play discs 2 and 3. Disc one hangs at the C log and will not load. I cannot figure this out. Thinking that I had gotten a defective disc, I returned the set to Barnes and Noble, and lo and behold, same issue. Disc 1 WILL NOT play. Could this be a defective batch of discs? I reset the machine by unplugging it for several minutes and still does not load, only hangs at Criterion logo. Any suggestions? Should I contact criterion? I find it odd that only disc one, from TWO different sets, will not play.

Expert
Message 40 of 259 (32,578 Views)

This is a step by step guide to fix ur problem....it worked fro me.

Unplug your sony unit and place in basement. Buy new cheap phillips blu-ray player. Install. Problem solved.

KC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tablet SGPT121CA/S (APR 2013), eReader PRS-T1(APR 2012), Bluetooth Headphones DR-BTN200(SEP 2013), Blu-ray Receiver BDV-E3100(DEC2013)

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook