Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert
Message 41 of 259 (18,707 Views)

Re: Blu-ray dics won't play on Blu-ray player

You can try resetting the player to its factory default settings. Follow the steps below:

1. Turn on the player then press HOME button on the remote and go to Setup.
2. Select Resetting and then select Reset to Factory Default Settings.
3. Select All Settings and then click Start.
4. Once its done, turn off the player and turn it back on.
5. Complete the initial setup and easy setup.
6. Try playing the disc again.

If that does not resolve the issue, try other BD discs other than the ones from Criterion. If other discs plays fine then it's an issue with the disc.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Rookie
Message 42 of 259 (18,396 Views)

Re: Blu-ray disc won't play on Blu-ray player

I have a brand new sony BDP-S1100 Blu Ray Player, i have a sony tv kdl-46xbr6 tv it will play some BD discs but it wont play the ones i want those are Schiller BD Discs it says outside 1080i/50hd. I took it back to where i bought and it plays on their TV. I can hear sound but no picture and TV screen shows the following "unsupported signal. Please check the device output. Pls Help i need some help thanks

Expert
Message 43 of 259 (18,386 Views)

Hi Georgios,

What kind of cables are you using to connect the Bluray Player to the TV? Please, check that the cables are properly connected in the back of the tv. If you have a second set of cables test them out. Sometimes it might be the cables that could be causing the problem.
Rookie
Message 44 of 259 (18,329 Views)

My BDP-S360 recently stopped playing newer BD disks (rented WorldWarZ - tried two different disks and all the:"standard" troubleshooting issues as this person.) I'm tempted to skip BLUE RAY altogether. It's more aggravation than it's worth.

Expert
Message 45 of 259 (18,307 Views)

Hi Gandalf1973!

Please follow this link if you are unable to play Blu-ray Disc movie.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 46 of 259 (18,151 Views)

thanks chop6698....genius!! You saved me time, gas money, and the stress of having to take it back to the store.I've tried everything listed and was about to give up. I registered on this site just to say thanks

Expert
Message 47 of 259 (18,145 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Atxguy!

Thanks for taking time to let us know chop6698's troubleshooting steps also worked on your end. Smiley Happy

Rookie
Message 48 of 259 (18,003 Views)

This is REDICULOUS. I have a BDP-S550. It worked for a while. Then gradually started having problems reading some Blu Ray disks. The problem has progressed to the point where it can't operate most BD disks, even ones I've watched before on this player. Sometimes ejecting the disk a bunch of times works. Sometime turning the player off/on works, but usually nothing works, I've updated the firmware to the newest version, and tried all the try-this-try that BS on the website. I work in IT, try-this-try-that means you have not clue what the problem is. Figure out a fix or start refunding peoples hard earned money SONY

Expert
Message 49 of 259 (17,971 Views)

Hi sgoodwi3! 

You can try resetting the player to its factory default settings. Follow the steps below:

1. Turn on the player then press HOME button on the remote and go to Setup.
2. Select Resetting and then select Reset to Factory Default Settings.
3. Select All Settings and then click Start.
4. Once its done, turn off the player and turn it back on.
5. Complete the initial setup and easy setup.
6. Try playing the disc again.

For us to further assist you, please provide more information. Are you getting any error message when you try playing Blu-ray discs? If yes, please provide the exact error. Also, what is the current software version of the player? 

Enthusiast
Message 50 of 259 (17,600 Views)

I have a BDP BX59 which I bought last year and used for 20 times at most. Last week, when I turned it on, it asked for an update then I did.

Now, it cannot play any disc it used to paly well. I used every trick you posted in here and reset a couple of time too. Every time I put a disc in, the player showes "empty"

What is  going on? Is it dead? What is the ****** software update?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook