Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert
Message 81 of 259 (5,274 Views)

Re: Blu-ray disc won't play on Blu-ray player

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone!

If after following troubleshooting steps provided on this thread the issue persist, then that would mean your Blu-ray player needs service. Please visit eService website to setup service for your unit. 

Thanks! 

Apprentice
Message 82 of 259 (5,267 Views)

BrainP, it is easy to say that, but I have spent a lot of money on Sony products, and was once a loyal customer, until now.  It appears that there is an issue with Sony's Blu Ray players.  Not only have I seen these issues on your own community site, but non Sony supported home electronic forums.  Social media has become a powerful tool to consumers.  Please offer a solution to this problem.  Asking us to contact customer service, as I have already done, has not offered any solution to this problem.  As I stated in earlier in this subject area.  Can you give some insight as to what the problem may be.

Apprentice
Message 83 of 259 (5,266 Views)

BrianP, despite my better judgement, I checkeed the service site, and the price of a refurbished BDP-BX2 went from my conversation to $135.99 from $132.99.  Once again, nothing but an insult.

Enthusiast
Message 84 of 259 (5,253 Views)

I still fail to see how ALL our players need service when we all have different models and they're all different ages yet they're all having the exact same problem at the exact same time, what's the common denominator? If they were all the same model, or the same age sure, but none of them that I've seen on this board are the same as the next. And I'm with drewski, I'm not about to pay $135 on service when the player only cost $99 to begin with. If that's the only answer that Sony is gonna come up with to this issue, which is a non-solution, then I guess they just lost a customer. Sad, because up to this point I really liked this product. And IF we are all running the same firmware (which seems much more likely to me than all of our player coincidently breaking all at the same time) and that's really the issue, I know for me all they'd have to say is we've identified the problem and are working on a fix, or that they're working on identifying the issue. But as they don't seem to be trying I'll work on identifying a new brand of player to buy to replace this sony.
Enthusiast
Message 85 of 259 (5,237 Views)

BrianP, many thx for your quick response. Can you shed some more light on this issue? Is there yet any kind of official information from Sony about the cause(s) of this issue? The thing is, I am not very happy and willing to spend my time and effort on disassembling (and later reassembling) the whole theater system (tall speakers, cables, ..) for a "send it in and we will have a look on it" service solution…there are so many devices out there having the exact same problem, so there should be some official information about the causes (hardware/software? what exactly?) in the meantime. Is that really all Sony do for customer satisfaction?

Expert
Message 86 of 259 (5,226 Views)

Hi drewski and eekmcbride! Since the discs are showing invalid and they have exhausted available troubleshooting service is required.

Hi FelixNs! Unfortunately, we are unable to assist customers outside of the US. We kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region.

Enthusiast
Message 87 of 259 (5,101 Views)

Our problems on both the BDP-S390 AND the PS/3 all happened after we did the latest firmware update.

What is the schedule to patch fix this update?

Enthusiast
Message 88 of 259 (5,098 Views)

That's what I've been trying to say since I first posted, that it's the firmware update. They just keep telling me I need service.
Expert
Message 89 of 259 (5,096 Views)

Unfortunately, we do not have information when an update will be available. You may check esupport website to verify if there is a new firmware available for your player. 

Enthusiast
Message 90 of 259 (5,043 Views)

Your support ******!  I have a BDP-S360, a PS3 and a BDP-s790.  All 3 stopped playing blu-rays with the latest firmware update.  The S360 has firmware 014.  I call pure ****** on Sony saying it is something the users did.  There are literally thousands of people and dozens of different models, years, etc and all stopped working when the firmware from sony was upgraded and you expect me to believe it was our fault?  I called support and wasted 2 hours of my life that I will never get back only to be told "send them in for service" only to be told it is $135 to fix my BDP-S360 which was only $79 when I bought it and Sony is the one that ******ed it up in the first place.  Are you ******ing kidding me!!!!!!  I want someone from Sony that actually speaks native english to contact me and arrange to have all my units fixed/replaced at no charge as their firmware broke 3 of my Sony products (and all on the same day I might add as I upgraded all 3 to latest firmware and all 3 now won't play blu-rays).  I am no conspiracy nut but logically this is a ploy by Sony to get people to just buy new products.  The BDP-S360's firmware was from 2012 and it seems only blu-rays from 2011 and back play now.  It logically seems that sony did this to force people to purchase new products as they stop support on older products.  Blu-ray DRM should be eliminated along with Obama but I digress...

Merle Reine

merle.reine@gmail.com

858-754-9484  call 24/7

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook