Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 1 of 4 (4,165 Views)

Blu-ray players freezing

Has Sony done anything about the several models of Blu-ray players that freeze up while customers are watching streaming movies?  I've just purchased my Blu-ray player and now see posting on the community board that this has been an ongoing problem for more than a year.  The only way to return to a menu or 'thaw' the player is by unplugging the player.  I'm very disappointed in Sony, having thought the quality of products is good.

Message 2 of 4 (4,139 Views)

Re: Blu-ray players freezing

Hello pdibianco, thank you for your message. Welcome to SONY Community!

Follow the steps below to perform a factory reset on a Blu-ray® Disc player or Network Media Player:

1. Turn the Blu-ray Disc player on and make sure the correct video input is selected on the TV.
2. Press the Home button on the Blu-ray Disc player remote.
3. Once the menu is displayed, press the Left arrow button on the remote and navigate to Setup.
4. On Setup, use the Down arrow button and go to Resetting and press the Enter button.
5. Under Resetting, select either Reset to Factory Default Settings or Initialize Personal Information.
6. Go through each of the two options if you desire to completely restore the Blu-ray Disc player.

NOTE: For better performance make sure to have installed the latest firmware version.

Hopefully this post helps you! 

Message 3 of 4 (4,120 Views)

[ Edited ]

Ordinarily I would agree with the Moderator however on this particular issue a RESET is only a temporary fix and the problem will likely return next time you use the problematic streaming service. The Moderator should have been aware of this before advising you!

I'm one of those many unfortunate customers who can't use the Amazon app without it crashing my player, Sony Support are next to useless and haven't even tried helping. I'm so angry by Sony's apparent lack of interest at giving good Customer Service that I've now taken my issue directly to Amazon who were quick to respond and investigate the issue. A lesson for Sony to learn for sure!

You can follow my Amazon post with all the latest updates on this issue below. Please also add your support if you're experiencing the Amazon issue. I'm hoping to pass on my case to the 'Trading Standards Authority' here in the UK for their investigations.

Sony constantly let their customers down and have many questions to answer!!

Personally the above experience has taught me a painful lesson.., DON'T BUY SONY PRODUCTS if you want reliability!

Amazon Prime / Instant Video Causing Sony Blu-ray Players to Crash or Freeze

Please don't forget to give me Kudos for any answers which you find helpful, you can do this by clicking the 'Thumbs-Up' button below my replies.

Message 4 of 4 (261 Views)

Hi i tried the home button but it will not allow anything this is very discouraging and a problem because everytime i watch it it freezes and i have to get unconfortable per say to go unplug it. It is not even 4 mo ths old and doesnt get used veey much at all.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook