Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - General

Groovin'
DavidL71

Can't play some 3d blu ray discs in 3d

Some 3d blu ray discs won't play in 3d. on my bdp-bx59/hdmi cable/viewsonic pjd 5133 proj.  What is wrong?

Please use plain text.
BrianP

Re: Can't play some 3d blu ray discs in 3d

Thank you for the information, DavidL71! 

Please make sure that the software of the player is updated. Click this link to check the latest firmware version of the unit.

For us to further assist you, please provide more information. Are you getting any error message when playing a 3D disc? If yes, please provide the exact error message.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
DavidL71

Brian:  The message is different on different discs.  Some say "you need a 3d blu ray player and 3d t.v  Others just say the won't play.

As I said I have the blu-ray player, hi speed hdmi player and a viewsonic 3d ready projector.  I've checked settings on the player and the projector.  What am I missing?  Will the player run 3-d in 720?

Please use plain text.
BrianP

Hi DavidL71! 

Please make sure the projector is setup correctly for 3d viewing.

Also, make sure that the software of the player and the projector is updated. You may try connecting the BD player on another 3D TV or 3D projector to verify if you will the issue persist. 

Please use plain text.