Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - General

Tuning Up
Joebrown
Accepted Solution

Can you use a wireless mouse & keyboard with blu ray player

Can you use a wireless mouse & keyboard with blu ray player
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
CharlieV

Re: Can you use a wireless mouse & keyboard with blu ray player

Hello Joe,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Unfortunately, you cannot use wireless mouse and/or wireless keyboard with blu-ray player.  Please refer to some similar existing posts:

http://community.sony.com/t5/Blu-Ray-Network-Internet/Wireless-keyboard-amp-mouse-for-BDP-S590/m-p/5...

http://community.sony.com/t5/Blu-Ray-Accessories/Can-I-use-a-USB-keyboard-instead-of-remote-to-acces...

http://community.sony.com/t5/Blu-Ray-Network-Internet/Wireless-mouse-and-keyboard-combo/m-p/23132/hi...

Regards,

Charlie

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
d2richland

If you have an Android phone or a tablet, check out the Media Remote app. I'm using it on my Nexus 7 and my Samsung Galaxy and it works beautifully. After getting it set up you just need to make sure you get to where the keyboard is showing on the TV screen; i.e. the place where you have been using the remote to enter text. (If you stop at the screen where the Search field is showing it will just return a message about not accepting text. The app is sooooooo much better than entering with the remote.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
daresaur

Media remote is a partial solution.

It's far from perfect. Sony really do need to make all wireless remote keyboards compatible with their products. 

Most other manufacturers are on board with this, why not Sony? 

A real keyboard, not a mobile phone, is preferable, there's no reason not to allow this. 

Digital incompatibility is the blight of modern life, come on Sony, sort it out. 

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
CaptainStarbuck

Or how about making the API available so that developers can code to the platform and write phone/tablet apps that paying consumers can use with their devices. It's not like making the API available is going to cause developers to write software and then port it to some other enviroment.....

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
timkuen

I use a Logitech wireless keyboard K400 and K270 with a unifying USB receiver on my Sony BDP-BX18 bluray Player to search on You Tube. Newer bluray players don't seem to work with Logitech on You Tube due to a different searching program. For more info contact me at "timkuen at pacbell.net"

Please use plain text.