Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 21 of 32 (1,882 Views)

Re: Child Lock Issue

The manual I found online says to hold the play button on the player down for 10+ seconds to lock and unlock. Worked for me!
Enthusiast
Message 22 of 32 (1,878 Views)

Holding down the play button doesn't work for every model. And chances are it's going to lock up on you again and again, over and over. They need a permanent solution, not a workaround.
Message 23 of 32 (1,818 Views)

Hi Phoongdan,

Please check the troubleshooting steps in the link below for further assistance.

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30718/c/66/kw/child%20lock

Thanks,

>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 24 of 32 (915 Views)

I have a BDP-S1700 with this issue purchased new 4 months ago, if we don't use it for a week or two, this child lock happens.

Store we got it from said to contact Sony, I did and tech walked me through unlocking it. Now it is locked up again for the 3rd time, Software update, resetting, and all of the steps recommended in this thread do not work now.

i have 6 Sony BD/DVD players in my house, among other A/V equipment and have been purchasing Sony since the 1990's. No more.....

Message 25 of 32 (886 Views)

Hi PMKS,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

We regret to hear that you are experiencing the child lock issue again. To isolate the problem, kindly perform the steps on how to unlock or disable the CHILD LOCK on the player. You may refer to the steps below:

For 2016 Blu-ray Disc players Follow these steps to lock on unlock the player.

1. Using the supplied remote control, press and hold the STOP, HOME and TOP MENU buttons.
  2. When LOCKED or UNLOCKED appears on the display of the Blu-ray Disc player, release the buttons.

NOTE: If the you are unable to unlock the Blu-ray Disc player by following the steps above, make sure that the Blu-ray Disc player has the latest software update. Updates are available from the menu of the player or from this website. Software and driver updates for your Sony product are available online.

You may also access the link for additional steps: 

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30451/p/47329,47564,91700/c/65,66/kw/The%20disc%20....

If the issue persist after following the troubleshooting steps that we recommend, kindly send me a private message (PM) with your Event ID number or reference number of your previous call with SONY so we can review the file and let's see what we can be of assistance.

Regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 26 of 32 (880 Views)

Ive posted repeatedly re: child-lock issue re my 3500.  NONE of the Sony suggestions worked (same w/Sony community). After 6 months of repeated efforts, the dvd player started to develop other issues. Basically it was a $80 dvd player that worked about 5x, broke, never worked again. Until now,  almost every device (tv, gamer, dvd players, etc,) Ive bought has been Sony). But because Sony wouldnt offer any practical support once it became clear that my player and many other dvd players had many issues (e.g., they could have replaced it, offeried a good customer something for years of loyalty, whatever), so I went out and bought a Samsung dvd player. It works fine. If Sony starts treating its customers properly, MAYBE one day Ill return. Funny, no one from Sony ever contacted me despite months of contact here and directly to Sony. And Sony Community tried but it just didnt work, so I FINALLY THREW MY DVD PLAYER AWAY. $$$ down he drain. Sad state of affairs

Enthusiast
Message 27 of 32 (874 Views)

Meant 1500, not 3500
Rookie
Message 28 of 32 (744 Views)

I have had the same issue. The machine worked for a little while, then began giving me the Child lock error when I press eject. When I would unplug the HDMI cord, turn off Sony Player, then plug back in the HDMI plug and turn on with remote, the eject button worked 5 times. Now the screen is black, no buttons work and the power will not turn off. This is a lousy player and I will not buy a Sony player ever again.
Message 29 of 32 (605 Views)

Hi Sonychildlock,

We regret to hear what happened. To isolate the black screen issue, we recommend to check the next link:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42582/p/47329,47564,47608/c/65,66/kw/black%20scree....

If the issue is unresolved, you may reach our Technical Support team for further assistance. 

Regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 30 of 32 (214 Views)

Just FYI

None of the stuff you recommend to fix this blu-ray child lock issue works!!!

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook