Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - General

New Contributor
USER-961252
Accepted Solution

DVP-SR510H only displays black and white

My TV is a Toshiba. My DVD player works fine except I cannot get it to play DVDs in color. I've done a ton of internet research and still cannot figure out how to fix it. The cords I have are red, white, and yellow. I have red and white sockets in the back of my TV but no yellow so I put the yellow one in the green socket (per internet research). I don't have an HDMI cable. I'm at a total loss at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
CharlieV

Re: DVP-SR510H only displays black and white

Hello and welcome to the Users Discussion Forum.

We are not recommending doing such video connection hook-up where the yellow plug goes into green socket which it may displaying incorrect color. Please follow the Sony Connection Guide.
http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/tutorial- ... tut_id=438

http://esupport.sony.com/tutorials/EN/h ... p_4_c.html
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-961252

Thank you, but I still can't resolve this. Am I supposed to have a coaxial cable? Because I don't have one. My head is going to explode.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-961252

I just chatted with a Sony tech person online and she said my TV not having the yellow port is the problem. So I guess I need to go out and buy the RCA blue, red, green cords.
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
CharlieV

Yes, you will have to use the correct cable and use the corresponding color coded plugs to hook up between devices like DVD player to TV.
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
WeCare4u

So, What you are saying is that the Sony tech that you talked to is confirming that the cables that come in the box with the DVP-SR510H  are NOT to be used with a Sony Bravia TV.  Sherman

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
BrianP

Hi WeCare4u! 

USER-961252 posted the message and said he has a Toshiba TV and not Sony. We do not say that it is absolute that the supplied cables of the DVD player will not work with the Sony TV.

You may follow this link if you are getting black and white picture when watching a movie from the DVD player.

You may also try this link for further information. 

For further assistance, please provide the model number of the DVD and the Sony TV that you have. Click this link to get additional information on how to find your model number.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
WeCare4u

I did not explain thoroughly...   but yes,  the cables that come in the Sony DVP-SR510H box, that I purchased at WalMart, has the same yellow cable for the picture.  And, yes, it does not yield a color picture...  just black and white as it did with the afore mentioned Toshiba.  There was not a HDMI cable in the box.  Strange that Sony would have the supplier pack an unconforming cable, eh!

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
BrianP

Thank you so much for letting us know about this, WeCare4u!

The only supplied cables on this player is Audio/Video cord. You may click this link to check the marketing specifications. 

Also, try the links I provided for troubleshooting steps. You may also try connecting the DVD player on a different TV using the same wires and check if it will show you the same issue. You may try as well a different composite cables. 

Please provide the model number of the Sony TV that you have for us to check its inputs. 

Please use plain text.