Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 1 of 2 (684 Views)

Dunkirk Explosions Cut Out on Sony UBP-X800

I’ve been trying to figure this out all night.
At multiple points in the Dunkirk UHD disk the explosions cut out.
I found a common solution that worked for some - turning off BD Audio Mix setting - but it did not work for me. When I do that I lose my main English track (audio 1)
It does however work when I turn my sound bar off.
BUT before I knew of this possible fix, I First turned the sound bar off and the explosions still dropped out on the TV audio.
I’ve been switching things on and off to no success.

Any tips / solutions would be useful. Looks like this is a common problem.
Message 2 of 2 (428 Views)

Re: Dunkirk Explosions Cut Out on Sony UBP-X800

I had the same issue with viewing Dunkirk in 4K last night and it drove me crazy as this was my first time using the player to view 4K. It seemed to be the same time stamp when loud explosions were on screen and took away from the viewing experience.

After hours of looking online, turning off BD Audio Mix seemed to do the trick but will give it another viewing later today.  It was working on my Vizio sound bar but didn't check to see if DTS-HD audio coming through.

Since it's been a couple of weeks since you posted, can i assume you haven't seen the issue again?  Any other audio settings that you discovered for the best experience?  Thank you.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook