Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - General

RWB Tuning Up
Tuning Up
RWB
Accepted Solution

I got a SYS ERR message on my Blu-ray disk player. I tried unplugging and re-energizing.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ColbyP

Re: I got a SYS ERR message on my Blu-ray disk player. I tried unplugging and re-energizing.

[ Edited ]

Hi Robert,

What is the model # of the Blu-ray Player?

Locate the model # from the below link.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/support-info.pl?info_id=264

If the error message appears while updating firmware, follow the below steps:

• Push and hold the "POWER" button on the player for several seconds until the player powers off.
  • Power on the TV and make sure it is tuned to the inputs to which the Blu-ray Disc player is connected.
  • Connect the "LAN(100)" terminal on the player to your Internet source using an Ethernet cable.
  • Power on the Blu-ray Disc player.
  • If there is a disc in the player, please remove the disc.
  • At the xross media bar menu, use the arrow keys on the remote control to select "Setup" - "Network Update" and then press the ENTER button.
  • The message "Perform version update?" is displayed on the television.
  • Select "OK" and then press the ENTER button.
  • The download process starts and the download screen is displayed on the television.
  • During the download the message "DL */9" is displayed on the television and on the player front display.
    Note: The "*" changes to "0" through "9," indicating the download progress.
  • After the download is complete, the upgrade starts and "VUP" appears on the player front panel display.
  • While the upgrade is installed the message "VUP */9" is displayed on the player front display.
    Note: The "*" changes to "0" through "9," indicating the upgrade progress.
  • The firmware upgrade is complete when "FINISH" appears on the player front panel display.
    WARNING!! Do not operate or power off the player until this message is displayed. Doing so may cause the Blu-ray Disc player to be unresponsive or to require repair.
  • The Blu-ray Disc player will automatically power off.
  • Power on the Blu-ray Disc player

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.