Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - General

Groovin'
danculb
Accepted Solution

My BDP-S3100 freezes when trying to load Netflix.

BDP-S3100 Player freezes when trying to load Netflix.  It gets stuck on the red logo screen.  While the loading bar continues to move like it is loading, it never advances to the Netflix menu.  Pressing the Return, Home, or any other button does nothing.  Physically pressing the power button on the player does nothing.  The only way to resolve it is to unplug the player completely.  Every other app works fine and the internet connection is not dropping.  Any help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
BrianP

Re: My BDP-S3100 freezes when trying to load Netflix.

Please make sure that the software of the player is updated. Click this link to check the latest firmware version of the unit.

Try doing a power reset on the player. Follow the steps below:

1. Turn off the player.
2. Unplug the AC power cord from the electrical outlet.
3. Leave the player without power for 1 minute.
4. Plug the AC power cord from the electrical outlet.
5. Turn on the player again. 

For us to further assist you, please provide more information. Are there any error message on the Netflix screen? If yes, please provide the exact error. 
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
danculb

As noted, I have to unplug the AC cord just to get the system to restart. So those steps have been completed several times and it has not fixed the issue.

There are no error messages, the Netflix screen with the loading bar just sits there infinitely.

All firmware is up to date.

Please use plain text.
SamT

Follow the steps below:

1. Make sure that your Internet video device is connected to a high-speed Internet connection  (check it on http://2wire.com/). For watching Internet video content, we recommend using a connection speed of at least:
    • 2.5 Mbps for satandard definition (SD) content
    • 10 Mbps for high definition (HD) content
  2. Please access Initialize Personal Information then Reset unit to Factory Default Settings (select ALL SETTINGS) found on page 31 of the manual.
  3. Reset all of the network equipment such as the router by powering off for 1 minute.
  4. Reconnect unit to the internet and try Netflix again. If issue recurs, connect player to the internet again but manually set an IP address on an Internet Video device.
  5. If the other Internet Video channels are working, there may be a problem with the link between your device and Netflix. Follow these steps to re-link your device with Netflix:
    1. Unlink your Netflix account from your Internet video device.
    2. Link the Internet video device to your active Netflix account.
    3. Access Netflix channel on your Internet video device.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
lcornell

This does not fix the problem.  There is not a problem with other streaming media apps, such as Amazon of other HD high traffic apps.  The problem is with your Netflix app only.  It was working fine until today, and now it locks up my BDP-S3100.  It will not even power down unless I unplug the unit.  It just stays on the loading screen for Netflix.  From a search I see there are many others having this problem, and I do not find a solution for this.  What I see is a series of general and very time-consuming steps that look like nothing more than "try this and tell me if it helps."  How about starting with an explantion fo why the problem exists in the first place, then what actually has been proven to fix this specific problem?

Please use plain text.
BrianP

Hi lcornell!

Please make sure that the software of the Blu-ray is updated. Click this link to check the latest firmware of the unit.

Do Initialize Personal Information.

1. On the supplied remote, press the HOME button.
2. Go to Setup.
3. Under Setup, select Resetting .
4. Under Resetting, select Initialize Personal Information.
5. Check if the Internet Videos are back.

If the issue still persists after doing the steps above, try to reset the player to factory default settings.

Do a Factory Reset. 
1. Using the supplied remote, press the Home button.
2. Go to Setup.
3. Under Setup, select Resetting.
4. Under Resetting, select Reset to Factory Default Settings.
5. Select All Settings.
6. If the player goes off afer the factory reset, just turn it back on and the Easy Setup will be displayed on the screen. But if the player does not turn off just go back to the Setup Menu then go to Easy Setup. Just follow the on-screen prompts to finish the Initial Setup of the player.
7. Check if the issue is resolved. 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Derek_solanki

1.First check if your player has latest firmware update .

2. reset the player to factory setting 3 times. performing factory reset one time will not fix the issue.

I work as Sony chat support rep and this is tested and proven method. All the best.

Please use plain text.