Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 3 (1,177 Views)
Accepted Solution

Need a replacement remote

Thief stole TV and remotes including the AV remote for Blu-Ray BDVE300.  Tried to find out if there is a replacement but haven't received any communication back .  Not having any luck with universal remote.  Have a new Sony TV and sales rep said to hook it up to HDMI #3 to have control of audio system of Blu-Ray.  Doesn't work. TV remote will not control Blu-Ray. TV is XBR-49X800E.

Keep getting a message that Blu-Ray needs an update and have a burned disc but cannot operate Blu-Ray functions.  What is the best way to solve this problem?

Message 2 of 3 (1,125 Views)

Re: Need a replacement remote

Hi RLWillis,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

We are sorry to hear what happened. I sent you a private message.

Regards,

-Erin

Apprentice
Message 3 of 3 (358 Views)

Re: Need a replacement remote

I suppose this would be similar to losing a remote, something I have experienced now and then.

Generally, a replacement remote is available from the manufacturer but they are not cheap.  I believe the prices are pushed up because, well, you need it.

Another option is to find a programable remote.  Obviously, not the "learning" type as they require the original remote to learn from.

Might do a search for a remote that can "talk" to your device, there must be a couple of them out there.  Though expensive, the best solution would be getting a replacement from the device manufacturer.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook