Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (405 Views)

Sony Blu-Ray Player won't play, eject, or power off

I have a BDP-S1700 Sony Blu Ray Player. I lasted used my Blu Ray Player about a month ago and watched a couple of movies without any problems.

Today I go to watch a movie and all that shows up on my TV is the Sony logo in the top left corner and the Blu-Ray logo in the center with no error messages. I cannot do anything with the player itself or the remote. The remote does not work either, I have even tried replacing the batteries. I have tried ejecting, because there is still a DVD in there that I cannot get out. I also cannot turn off the player from the remote or the player itself, the only way it will turn off is by unplugging it.

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Highlighted
Message 2 of 4 (356 Views)

Re: Sony Blu-Ray Player won't play, eject, or power off

Hi Lucasb123,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

We are sorry to hear what happened. Below are the recommended steps to isolate the issue you currently have.

Follow these steps to eject the disc:

1. Turn off the Blu-ray Disc player.
  2. Disconnect the power cord or AC adapter.
  3. Allow the disc player to remain without power for 30 seconds.
  4. Connect the power cord or AC adapter to a power outlet.
  5. Press and hold the OPEN/CLOSE or EJECT button located on the front of the disc player, then simultaneosly press the PLAY, EJECT and STOP buttons on the remote control.

IMPORTANT: For some Blu-ray Disc Home Theater models, it is necessary to press and hold the OPEN/CLOSE and PLAY buttons simultaneously, then reconnect the power cord.

NOTE: This step may require the assistance of a second person.

6.  Remove the disc.

Additional steps can be accessed in the next link: 

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41801/p/47329%2C47564%2C95997/c/65%2C66/kw/wont%20....

Bes regrads,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (330 Views)

Hi Erin,

I tried this, but it is completely frozen. The only way it turns off is if I unplug it. None of the buttons on the player or remote work. I can't even turn it off by holding down the power button.

Message 4 of 4 (306 Views)

Hi Lucasb123,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

We regret to hear what happened. Have you tried contacting our Technical Support about this issue? If not yet, we highly recommend to contact them: https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/select-system.pl?DIRECTOR=CONTACT.

Regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook