Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - General

Groovin'
StraTTtheRippeR

Sony Blu-ray disc/DVD Home Theatre BDV-E2100

Hi, I have a quick question about the BDV-E2100 system. My sister recently bought it for her living room, and I hooked everything up for her. Everything seems to be working great, except when you play something out of the "Audio"  in (this being what the Xbox, Wii would be playing sound out of). It works, but it's not very loud. We have to turn the system all the way up just to hear it....any suggestions? Maybe I don't have something adjusted right? Thanks in advance for your help!

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
BrianP

Re: Sony Blu-ray disc/DVD Home Theatre BDV-E2100

Thank you for the message StraTTtheRipper!

For us to further assist you, please provide more information. How did you connect the Wii and Xbox? How about if you play a DVD or BD disc, are you getting a good sound out of the speakers of the Home Theater? 

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
StraTTtheRippeR

The PS3 and Xbox and hooked up to the TV with HDMI cables, and the wii is on a componant cable. The sound is being run out of the TV with stereo AV cables (red and white) to the surround sound. The Blu-Ray and DVD's sound great, but anything being run from the TV to the system is not very loud at all. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
BrianP

Thank you for the information! 

You may try connecting an optical cable from your TV to the Blu-ray player and check if that will give you any difference. To isolate the issue, since you are compoonent cables (Y, Pr, Pb, R and W) for the wii system,  you can also try connecting the red and white audio cables from your wii system directly into the audio in ports of the BD player. 
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
StraTTtheRippeR

I'll give it a try and let you know if works any better, thanks again!

Please use plain text.