Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 3 (312 Views)

Sony UBP-X800 has failed to output video/audio. Need to turn it off for hours before it works.

Twice now Sony UBP-X800 has failed to output video/audio. Need to turn it off for hours before it works. Anyone else having this problem?

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 3 (227 Views)

Re: Sony UBP-X800 has failed to output video/audio. Need to turn it off for hours before it works.

I have usually encountered a similar issue about every 1-2 weeks, and it last occurred last Friday night.  I usually have to do a bunch of power cycling and flipping settings back-and-forth on all equipment, but this last time it wouldn't work.  I ended up switching my HDMI out to my TV to a different HDMI port on the TV.  So far it has been OK for a week, but I've only turned on the player about 3 times since then.

I send my video out to the TV, and use the HDMI audio out to my receiver.  I have this setting on the player set to auto.

Rookie
Message 3 of 3 (219 Views)

Re: Sony UBP-X800 has failed to output video/audio. Need to turn it off for hours before it works.

I think I found my problem. It also wasn't outputting HDR. I have two projectors and my receiver has a HDMI output to each. I disconnected the older non 4k spare projector and now HDR is sent and haven't had an issue with the player going dark again (at least yet).

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook