Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 23 (3,158 Views)

UBP-X800 Connection status cannot be confirmed.

My UBP-X800 just arrived from Amazon last week.  I couldn't wait to hook it up and see how well it works.  Two previous versions on Sony 4K players would freeze on Dr Who Series 5 and would not recover unless power was cycled on and off.  So I sent those back.  I'm happy to say this player passed that test but am wondering about another problem.

It has firmware revision M36.R.0173 which right now is the most currently available version.  All streaming Internet content seems to function fine. 

Verify Sony network connection I went to the "Setup" then "Software Update" , then "Update Via Internet" where it attempts to connect to Sony network for firmware but fails with the message, "Connection status cannot be confirmed. Cannot communicate with server. Please try again later."

I expected to see something along the lines of, "Hey your player firmware is already update to date."

I have verified IP address, SubNet Mask, and DNS.

Sony caht support has had me do a settings reset with no differing results other than removing my personal settings.

After several days of trying I am wondering.....

Is this a firmware bug or perhaps my modem is somehow filtering / blocking the Sony network?  Anyone know what port that would be?

Message 2 of 23 (3,046 Views)

Re: UBP-X800 Connection status cannot be confirmed.

Hi ---Will---,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

Thank you for providing the important information of the player. If you get an error Connection status cannot be confirmed. Cannot communicate with the server. Please try again later.  There may be a problem with your network connection. The link below will help you isolate the issue. https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37724.

Best regards,

-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 23 (3,024 Views)

Hi Will

I have exactly the same problem.  I have tried everything including:

1) power cycle

2) reset all personal/system settings

3) register new connection - wire and wireless

I contacted Sony US and they wouldn't help and cant get onto Aus site. Have you got any further with this?

Rookie
Message 4 of 23 (2,896 Views)

HELLO ALL, It is actually me again, ---Will--- For some ****** bloody reason I cannot log back into Sony Community again with my original Sony Community log in information despite my user name ---Will--- is correct and I've reset my password about four times! WHAT THE bloody blazes is wrong with SONY network? How do I even contact the admin of this community to get help with the login? The web page says I can reset password or user name but all it does really is reset password! I don't even know if I will be able to login again to respond to any of you. So, a big sorry ahead of time if I don't ever get on here again. :-) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ All Sony chat support knows how to do is do a factory default my set....... I'm beginning to think this is a firmware bug that just won't be solved until next, if any, firmware update. I have recently tried doing hard factory default reset of our CenturyLink modem Actiontec C1000A, and of course I have to redo all the passwords and wireless setup, AGAIN! The Sony UBP-X800 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Player (2017 Model) shows OK on both network and connection status. I can stream internet content but clicking on the manual wired internet firmware update all I get is that it cannot connect to Sony network, try again later.......... is there a direct phone number to call Sony support so I can talk to an actual live AND technically trained person?
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 23 (2,825 Views)

I can't get access to any app in the player. It refers to error 48. I can't even launch Netflix.
Message 6 of 23 (2,676 Views)

Hi Flakao,

Welcome to Sony Community!

For further assistance regarding your product, we highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Regards,
-Jay

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 23 (2,553 Views)

Seems that the product is not yet being supported for latam.Is there a date when it is going to be supported or sold in Colombia? Its funny because my PS4 pro works flawlessly and is not supported here either.

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 23 (2,344 Views)

Same here buddy, in Turkey PS4 works perfectly but somehow sony does not support x800.

When i called them they had no idea about this model. What they told me was they were not sure

that sony had support for this models internet content. They said ps4 content servers and bluray player

servers are different.

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 23 (2,343 Views)

So please SONY HELP US. This player is not cheap.

Message 10 of 23 (2,240 Views)

Hi Blkr,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Our apologies for the inconvenience that this may have caused.

For further assistance regarding your product, we highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Regards,
-Jay

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook