Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 7 (2,870 Views)
Accepted Solution

UBP-X800 Dolby Atmos and DTS-X not working

Hi

I have UBP-X800 which i purchase just over a week ago. It had firmware M36.R.0173 and was working fine apart from locking up on one disk The Fate of the Furious. So I updated the Firmware to M36.R.0175 and now Dolby Atmos and DTS-X don't show as the audio code being played. It show Dolby TrueHD on my AV and the TV show Dolby True HD 7.1, and DTS-HD MA on my AV and the TV DTS-HD MA 7.1.

Before upgrade the firmware Dolby Atmos and DTS-X worked.

I have done a factory reset and setup audio settings again with the same result. I know the AV is setup right as I have a Panasonic blu-ray connect to same system which is showing the output as Dolby Atmos and DTS-X

Is anyone having this problem after the firmware upgrade? 

The disk lockup was due a few finger prints, wish I hadn't done this update.

Message 2 of 7 (2,794 Views)

Re: UBP-X800 Dolby Atmos and DTS-X not working

Hi rogscan,

Welcome to the Sony Community!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is the first time we received an issue on audio codecs after performing an update on the UBP-X800. We'll check with the team and we'll try to simulate your setup and look for a resolution.

For now, we recommend that you contact the support team in your region by visiting: http://www.sonyasia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Best regards,
-Mark

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution".

Rookie
Message 3 of 7 (2,714 Views)

I am now having the same issue. There is no ATMOS or DTS-X. The player also freezes and sometimes screen going black with Netflix. 

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 7 (2,720 Views)

Hi,

I have returned the unit and got it replaced with another one as i had only had it a few weeks. Its all working fine on the lower firmware, so don't think i will be updating the firmware any time soon.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 7 (2,244 Views)

I set the UHD BluRay "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" to Atmos mode and saw that Dolby Master Audio 7.1 was what the X800 displayed as the active codec.  I assumed that this was incorrect, but wasn't sure if it was really bitstreaming Atmos with the wrong label.

I tried to determine what the HT-ST 5000 soundbar saw as the audio source, but unfortunately in "enhanced mode" you can't get any indication of what the source is.

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 7 (1,977 Views)

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 7 (1,974 Views)

Hi i purchased UBP-X800 THROUGH AMAZON.COM but i donot know how to get the 2 nos. 4k disc at free of as advertised..?

please help me on this... Also i want to inform you that i have 75 inch SONY 4K TELEVISION but when i inserted 4k disk of SALT and using HIGHT HDMI 2.0 (4:4:4) the clarity is less than ordinary Bluray.. i do not know.. why...? EVEN MY 4K SONY TV switched to ENHANCED MODE.. BUT THE CLARITY is very bad...?  when i download few 4k clippings (all are 2160 MP4 FORMAT) AND which clarity is very good.. I DO NOT KNOW WHY 4K ULTRA HD DISCS are not giving much more clarify eventhough i am using SONY 4K TV... +SONY UBP-X800 4K PLAYER WITH HIGH END HDMI 2.0 CABLE (4:4:4).. CAN ANY ONE HELP ME ON THIS PLEASE...? ALSO I WANT TO KNOW ALL OTHERS ... ARE YOU ENJOYING 4K CLARITY WELL.. USING THE 4K DISK WITH YOUR SATISFACTION...?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook