Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 7 (215 Views)

UBP-X800 Freezes on Mongrel Media Blu-ray Discs

Hello, I am having an issue where my new UBP-X800 refuses to play and freezes on 2 Blu-ray discs I own, Terminator 2 and Total Recall "Mondo" Steelbooks by Mongrel Media in Canada. Both discs will load up to the main menu, and when play movie is selected, they both freeze at the same point on the "Metropole Film Distribution" splash screen before the movie starts. I have to unplug the player to regain function. I hope this is something that can be solved via firmware like the recent 20th Century Fox macroblocking issue. I was wondering if anyone else owned these or other Mongrel releases and could test. So far my player has functioned properly with all other discs. 

Message 2 of 7 (155 Views)

Re: UBP-X800 Freezes on Mongrel Media Blu-ray Discs

Hi, Egghaus

Welcome to Sony Community! 

Were there error message or code appeared on the screen? Try to isolate the issue by following the links below: 

Hope these help. 

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 7 (149 Views)

No error message, just a hard freeze. Happened at the exact same point each time on both discs. I have BD internet connection set to "Do not allow". Other discs have played fine so far.
Message 4 of 7 (93 Views)

Hello Egghaus,

We are working to attempt to replicate your condition.  I've passed this information to my Canadian counterparts as they will be able to the get Mongrel Media discs for testing (not available in US).  Until we are able to replicate we will not be able to determine the Root Cause of this condition.  As soon as they have a preliminary evaluation, I'll share the results with you.

Thank you,

Chris

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 7 (90 Views)

OK great news, thanks for the update Chris.
Message 6 of 7 (55 Views)

Hello Egghaus,

Could you confirm if the follow two are the "Mondo Steelbook" versions of the movies that you are having the issue with?

https://www.amazon.com/Total-Recall-Limited-Steelbook-Blu-ray/dp/B017A9INHU

https://www.amazon.com/Terminator-Limited-Mondo-Steelbook-Blu-ray/dp/B0117QMRME

Thank you very much,

---Chris

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 7 (50 Views)

Hi Chris, those are the correct versions. There are in fact 2 versions of the T2 cover but the disc should be the same. I have the red cover version;

https://mondotees.com/blogs/news/34054339-mondo-x-steelbook-009-terminator-2-judgment-day

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook