Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apprentice
Message 51 of 82 (602 Views)

Re: UBP-X800 Lockup issues

Several people who have receiced their X700 have already posted in the AVS Forum that they have experienced the same lockup during disk playback requiring the power cord to be pulled to get it operational again. 

Enthusiast
Message 52 of 82 (598 Views)

I don't play a ton of discs so my lockups have only occured, so far, when using the Netflix or Amazon Apps.  I've even had it lock up a few times when it's just sitting in the main menu, and it will require a power cycle.

Enthusiast
Message 53 of 82 (600 Views)

Not so fast.  I just purchased the UBP-X700 at Best Buy.  The first unit could not even do the initial boot up without freezing multiple times.  Tried, unplugging, reconnecting, different cables, etc. and the unit was still freezing multiple times and could not even complete the initial boot up.  Returned it.  Got an identical model.  The unit was able to boot up a little farther.  Minor freezes.  Connected to internet, downloded and applied the available updates.  Unit is more stable now, but it freezes momentarily and no audio or video comes out.  I tried both 4k content from YouTube, and the 4k/HDR version of Blade Runner 2049.  Same problem.  It is more like a one to two second freeze, but it still does it.  It is not the cables, it is not the electrical plug or power strip.  It is not the internet.  It is the unit.  This unit replaced another Sony that was also freezing and sometimes not even recognizing the remote signals, although it worked decently after I unplugged it from the wall and reconnected it.  It seems that Sony has a far wider problem that just the UBP-X700 and UBP-X800.  I am most likely to return my second unit as well.  A device either works or not.  There should be no need to fiddle with them unless the default settings are not working for your setup.  A device freezing is not acceptable.

LG just recalled the software that supported HDR and Dolby Vision from their 4k/HDR player because of similar issues and bugs.  Sony needs to review the software for all their linup of BD players under all known circumstances and correct their bugs. 

Highlighted
Message 54 of 82 (570 Views)

Hello all,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

We do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. To isolate and fix the issue, updating the software version will be helpful and you may check the links below to know how:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41801

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41705

Best regards,

_Bob

Enthusiast
Message 55 of 82 (563 Views)

Bob

The US site still shows the same 27 Sept 2017, is there a newer version than this?

Thanks

Enthusiast
Message 56 of 82 (548 Views)

I’ve also been at the latest posted SW release since its release.

Mike
Apprentice
Message 57 of 82 (508 Views)

its getting a little bit of ackward with this player. 

I bought the complete UHD set of Transformers to watch this with friends and everytime when you are around 1 hour and 45 minutes of watching the movie freezes. You have to shutdown the player and then resume the movie to see the end.

This goes for 80% of the movies I now have watched on this player.

@Bob whats you'r sugestion to do?

Enthusiast
Message 58 of 82 (503 Views)

@Bob,

We are all running current firmware, unless you are saying a patch was released yesterday to fix this issue, which does not appear to be the case. Is Sony actually working a fix or simply posting the same articles on how to patch, disable sleep, and HMDI control that everyone on this forum has already attempted, to no avail? Can we get past the lowest tier of support and concern and this actually get attention from the developers and QA teams?

Cheers,
P
Apprentice
Message 59 of 82 (448 Views)

My copy of blade runner final cut and mad max fury road skip and freeze on certain chatpers.  It thought the discs were spotless but after taking a magifying glass I do see very fine micro scratches on these brand new discs.  I think WB has some poor quality control on their discs coming out of the factory, but maybe Sony also has some quality control issues as well on these UHD players with dirty lenses which causes discs with very fine scratches to not read properly. Hopefully this can be resolved with a future firmware update since I thought most blu ray players have the ability to read through discs that have very fine scratches where only deep scratches would need a disc to be replaced.  If not, I'll probably use the 1 year warranty before it expires to get a replacement player.

Enthusiast
Message 60 of 82 (423 Views)

I think WB has some poor quality control on their discs coming out of the factory, but maybe Sony also has some quality control issues as well on these UHD players with dirty lenses which causes discs with very fine scratches to not read properly

These units and the UBP-X700 are "skipping", "freezing", "Locking" with playing all sorts of content not just BDs.
Sony will be happy to hear that there are people that are willing to live with all these issues for a full year before complaining or asking for a replacement. Maybe that is why they don't give a rat about fixing the issues discussed in this conversation.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook