Blu-Ray - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apprentice
Message 1 of 18 (3,721 Views)

UBP-X800 Lockup issues

[ Edited ]

Experience my first lockup during Star War Rogue One 3D in ch.29. Had to unplug the x800 and plug back in to get it to repond. Started ch.29 over again and didn't have any further issues. This was a brand new disk and I did (always) checked the disk to make sure it's clean and scratch free. There are many reports of lockups with the x800 on the AVS forums.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/149-blu-ray-players/2762609-official-sony-ubp-x800-owners-thread-64.ht...

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 18 (3,708 Views)

Re: UBP-X800 Lockup issues

I'm interested here as well. I've had similar issues with the X800 4k player. Both with disc and streaming netflix. Several times, the player froze out of no where and powered down on its own.
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 18 (3,623 Views)

I exchanged for a new one and the new one has already frozen up. However, it did not power down. I had to unplug the unit. I'm not sure what is going on...
Rookie
Message 4 of 18 (2,886 Views)

I am having the same issue with a clients UBP-X800 that i installed for him this spring when they first came out.  It locks up mainly after watching streaming services then leaving to watch cable TV and when he comes back it is locked up tighter than a bulls ****** in fly season.

there must be a firmware update in the works somewhere???

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 18 (2,643 Views)

Add me to this list. 

One of my UBP-800 4K Bluray players (purchased in March 2017) has locked up 3 times since I purchased it.  I purchased a second UBP-X800 4K Bluray player yesterday and am hoping it does not perform in the same manner.

Is there anyone from the support team listening to this stream.  I believe performance stability needs to be analyzed on this product.  These devices are certainly not priced at a level where failure is expected as a common feature.  I hope I do not regret my loyalty to Sony that has stemmed over 15 years.

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 18 (2,545 Views)

Sony is completely oblivious to this and other threads (on their own support forum and other websites) regarding this issue. Thier response is to either continue to ship replacement after replacement or offer a refund. The most recent f/w update that came out last week DID NOT FIX THE ISSUE, but unfortunately the two Samsung models are junk, as are the Phillips and LG (which is very noisy), and the Panasonic and Oppo models are just too expensive.

The real problem, I think, is that their outsourced and offshore support boiler room call center is NOT documenting or understanding what customers are trying to tell them when calliing in when experiencing these issues, do the higher ups have no clue what needs fixing. Real shame, because otherwise this is an excellent player for the money.

Message 7 of 18 (2,505 Views)

Hi Toddwrtr,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

Kindly send your reference number/event ID to me via Private Message(PM) so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
>Joffrey

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 18 (2,500 Views)

Been there, done that, Joffrey. Support offered me another replacement (this would be my third player) or a refund. I'm in the process of moving now, so I will wait to see if the next firmware update actually fixes the issue that Sony seems to be ignoring.
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 18 (2,392 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem.  The UBPX800 locked up watching Guardian of the Galaxy Vol 2 and other movies.  Happened 3 times in 2 weeks. Had to power the off the unit buy unplugging it because it would not power off with the power off button.  Unit unplugged for a few minutes to get control back.  Sony this unit appears to have issues.  I seen it on a few community boards.  A firmware update happened I believe on August 9 2017.  Did not happen until after the update.  May be just a coincidence but never had it before that.  I guess I will have to buy another manufactures , Panasonic, cause I do not want to waste time talking to Sony or sending back the unit that is 5 months old.

Thanks

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 18 (1,943 Views)

[ Edited ]

Coincidence. This continues to occur with every new firmware update.

Sony - when will you admit this is a widespread issue and FIX the problem?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook