Blu-Ray - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 7 (713 Views)

UBP-x800 No Sound on SACD side of Hybrid Discs

Hi, everyone!

Have a UBP-x800 hooked up to a XBR 850D TV and an LG sound bar hooked up via TV ARC. Regular CDs, BRs and the red book side of hybrids play fine via the sound bar, but the SACD side of the hybrids do not elicit sound, or instead revert back to TV monitors. Have toggled with the music playback menu with the SACD settings to no avail.

Any help or insight appreciated. Thanks!!
Message 2 of 7 (642 Views)

Re: UBP-x800 No Sound on SACD side of Hybrid Discs

Hi Cooks420,

Welcome to the Sony Community!

When you say " Have toggled with the music playback menu with the SACD settings to no avail. " Are you referring to the Super Audio CD Playback Layer and Channel settings under the Bluray's Music Settings?

If that is the case, may we know the result if you set the DSD output mode of the UBP-X800 to off? The setting can be found under Audio Settings. 

Hope to hear from you,

-Mark

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 7 (638 Views)

I will definitely try that tonight, Mark - thank you! And your assumption is correct: I toggled between the SACD and CD playback.

Another question of a possible fix: what if I ran a TOSLINK cable from my x800 directly to the sound bar, and just forgot about using HDMI for playback completely?
Message 4 of 7 (586 Views)

Hi Cooks420,

As for the other question, I am pretty sure that it will not work because of SACD licensing. You cannot output SACD over any other digital output other than HDMI, and the only standard option is going to be analog.

What you have in mind is still worth trying, that is if you have a spare Toslink cable lying around the house. I wouldn't advise you to purchase one though if you do not have one that is readily available.

Regards,

-Mark

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 7 (554 Views)

Mark - thanks again for your help and knowledge. I do not have a spare optical cable lying around, so I won't try that avenue just yet.

I just tried your suggestion regarding turning off DSD, and unfortunately, it did not work.

If you have any other suggestions, please advise!
Message 6 of 7 (459 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello Cooks420,

I've been testing for this condition and I've found that some soundbars do not support SACD copy protection or format.  This results in no Audio passing to the soundbar during playback of Super Audio CD side of the hybrid disc.

Could you provide a model number for your LG Soundbar?

You use the temporarily work around to get the audio to your soundbar by applying the following setting.

Under UBPX800 go to [HOME] > Setup > Music Settings > Super Auido CD Playback Layer > CD.

This will allow you to get playback until we can determine if your Soundbar model supports the Super Audio CD side.

Thank you,

Chris

Rookie
Message 7 of 7 (321 Views)

Hi Sony. 

I have similar issue with UBP-X800 not sending sound from SACD to my Sony wireless subwoofer. It comes through the sound bar and TV OK but no base from the subwoofer. I read in the sound bar manual that it won't send copyrighted signals, but my SACD discs are genuine. So what's the problem? Is it a Bluray set up issue or a sound bar issue? 

Stephen 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook