Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - General

Groovin'
snowd0gg

When I try to play a Bluray 3D DVD (Digital) on BDP-S5100, the controls lock up

[ Edited ]

I just bought a BDP-S5100 and tried playing Startrek Into Darkness (3D Bluray digital).  The video starts and the animated opening screen comes up (which actually is in 3D) with controls at the bottom for PLAY and SCENES, etc.  But, I cannot select anything nor move around on the screen.  It's like the remote freezes up and I can't do anything at that ponit.  I have to STOP the DVD at the player itself.  If I pop in the "features" disc that came with the set, it plays fine, but that's just Bluray and not 3D.

I've tried numerous settings and resetting the unti.  It has the latest firmware downloaded.  I can play 3D video from the internet using the player apps.  I may have to try another 3D video, but seems this one should work.

ADDITIONAL INFO: I've found out that the DVD player remote will NOT funtion at all if my TV is in 3D mode. If I take the TV out of 3D mode, the remote (and console buttons) on the DVD player work fine.  So, to play 3D movies, I just wait to put the TV into 3D mode until AFTER I've hit the play button for the feature presentation.  Odd, but I think it's related to how My TV works.   I have a LG 55LX6500 TV.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
BrianP

Re: When I try to play a Bluray 3D DVD (Digital) on BDP-S5100, the controls lock up

Hi snowd0gg! 

You may follow this link for steps if you are Unable to play a Blu-ray Disc movie.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
snowd0gg

Re: When I try to play a Bluray 3D DVD (Digital) on BDP-S5100, the controls lock up

Yeah, I went through that list and tried everything, but didn't help.   

I had the theory that perhaps when I put my TV into 3D mode, it begins sending out IR signals to the "active" 3D glasses I have.  Maybe all the IR signals are interrupting the remote for my DVD Player, since it uses an IR remote as well.  Not sure.   

I'm able to play a move as long as I don't put the TV into 3D mode until I hit play on the DVD player - THEN I can put the TV into 3D mode and it's fine - I just don't have use of the DVD remote until I take the TV out of 3D mode again.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
BrianP

I apologize snowd0gg! Click this link if you are Unable to play a 3D Blu-ray Disc (BD) movie.

Please use plain text.