Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (1,838 Views)

Which sony blue ray players are hotspot compatible?

Message 2 of 4 (1,811 Views)

Re: Which sony blue ray players are hotspot compatible?

Hi Daniellee175,

Welcome to the Sony Community!

If you are trying to use a hotspot which requires logging-in via the Bluray's browser (hotspots open to the public), I am afraid our Bluray's are not capable of doing so. However, if you are going to connect to a hotspot which lets you connect to it via the Bluray's network settings, any Sony WiFi capable Bluray players will do. 

Best regards,

-Mark

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution".

Rookie
Message 3 of 4 (1,111 Views)

I have three Sony blue ray played about three years or less old. They do not recognize my hot spot on my Verizon cell phone account the phone is iphone 6splus. Also I have a 4 year old Sony Bravia tv that recognizes my cell phone hot spot but won't connect to it. I live in an isolated area and my only access to the internet is thru my hot spot on my phone. I have several Samsung smart Tv several iPads two laptop computers. Several Samsung blue ray players and a Vizio smart tv that all work perfectly with my hot spot from my phone. Am I out of luck with the Sony devices that I have
Message 4 of 4 (1,101 Views)

Hi Chipqq,

Welcome to the Sony Community!

Our Bluray players are not capable of connecting to hotspots or areas with an active internet connection which requires sign-ins through their built-in browser. Its WiFi capability is designed to communicate directly to a wireless router supplied by an ISP. 

There are some users who found success with this kind of internet connection setup. However, we cannot say that their success applies to all as there are factors on the setup to consider like 3rd party transmitters, type of hotspot/internet, signal frequency, etc..

Best regards,

Mark

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution".

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook