Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - General

Len
Len

Windows Media Center and Sony BDP-S570

Would like to purchase Sony's blue-ray disc player to get internet access to my TV. However, I would like to use Windows Media Center from my PC to play its streaming video through the DVD player to my TV. Will the s570 do this? Windows Media Center describes "extenders" that allow access to the TV from Media Center, but requires an 8-digit setup code that the extender provides on the TV. Devices that have this feature often have a green button on the device's remote that allows connection to Windows Media Center. Must I use only the internet features provided by the s570, or may I use Windows Media Center too?
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
KimberlyS

Re: Windows Media Center and Sony BDP-S570

Hello Len,
The BDP-S570 does not have Internet browsing, however what it does have is Bravia Internet Services. this gives you a wide variety of movies, music and more from: Netflix®, Amazon on Demand, Pandora®, Slacker®, and YouTube™. If you wish to pull files from your PC the BDP-S570 supports DLNA giving you the ability to share Videos, Pictures, and Music from your DLNA server (Through Windows Media Player 11)
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-921583

Off the top of my head, have you thought about getting a XBox 360 gaming console. It can act as a Windows Media Extender for Windows Media Center on your PC.

The console will need to be connected to a home network.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Frogroast

There are free DLNA servers you can also use. All they require is to be installed on a desktop computer connected to the home network. I've used TVMobili and Serviio and have had success with both, however my Sony blueray seems to like the Serviio better (has had no issues so far playing all kinds of content, including FLV files.
Please use plain text.