Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - General

Groovin'
ramach

bdp-s790 new youtube app doesnt work

I just got a new bluray player (BDP-S790) and upgraded to latest firmware 0491. Now I see 2 you tube apps one is like old bdp-s570 style and other one is like new bdp-s5100 stype. For some reason new one doesnt work for me and it makes the player to hang for ever. Doe any one have this problem? 

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
BrianP

Re: bdp-s790 new youtube app doesnt work

There is a new software update for your BD player. Please make sure that the software is updated. Please visit www.esupport.sony.com to check the latest firmware version of the unit.  

You may also try doing a power reset on the unit. Follow the steps below:

1. Turn off the player.
2. Unplug the AC power cord from electrical outlet.
3. Leave the player without power for 1 minute.
4. Plug the Ac power cord back into the electrical outlet.
5. Turn on the player and try Youtube again.

For us to further assist you, please provide more information. What exactly happen when you access Youtube application? Also, is this happening with other internet applications (e.g Netflix)? 

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
kdean

I can confirm the same issues.

For the last month, the New Youtube for TV app has been either freezing and crashing the player or it says videos are not available.

I just tried it again last night after the latest firmware and the app didn't even launch. It just displayed the spinning loading icon and that's it.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
kdean

Sigh. Now when I clicked on it, it updated it's internet content and disappeared entirely. I've never be able to get the older Youtube app to work since it's doesn't accept my login information, so I guess I'm completely out of luck for now.
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
kdean

Now the app is back but it says the service is currently offline. Hope they're fixing everything.
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
BrianP

Try doing the network setup of the player again but this time manually enter the IP address and change the Primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and the Secondary DNS to 8.8.4.4. Follow this link to manually set an IP address on the BD player. Once done with the network setup, go to video menu and try Youtube again.

If issue persist, reset the player to its factory default setup. Follow the steps below:

1. Using the supplied remote, press the Home button.
2. Go to Setup.
3. Under Setup, select Resetting.
4. Under Resetting, select Reset to Factory Default Settings.
5. Select All Settings.
6. If the player goes off afer the factory reset, just turn it back on and the Easy Setup will be displayed on the screen. But if the player does not turn off just go back to the Setup Menu then go to Easy Setup. Just follow the on-screen prompts to finish the Initial Setup of the player.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Nilkin

The YouTube app is down have bravia tv and bluray player from Sony and YouTube app does not work on both, they both give same error message login failed service down.. 

Please use plain text.
SamT

We apologize for the inconvenience this player is causing you. We are aware of the issue and currently working on a resolution. We greatly appreciate your patience. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
wase4711

any updates on this problem yet?  It would be nice if this app was working...

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Johnny3000

[ Edited ]

New You tube HD is the reazon I purchase this BD player and was very happy up until the last update. Please fix  soon! I love Sony Products..:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.