Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - General

Tuning Up
rerwin
Accepted Solution

does the sony bdp-s590 support Adobe Flash

I just purchased 3 BDP-S590 Bluray players.

Can you tell me how to download and install ADOBE Flash player so I can watch online video at Syfy?

Thanks for your help

Ray

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ShaunH

Re: does the sony bdp-s590 support Adobe Flash

Hello,
Welcome to the Sony Community.

The web browser on the Sony Blu-ray disc player does not support the use of Adobe Flash Player. Websites that require Adobe Flash Player may not display correctly.

You can access select BRAVIA Internet Services using the BD player. BRAVIA Internet Services act as a gateway to Internet content by delivering a variety of on-demand entertainment straight to your device. Refer to the following link to view a list of Internet services for your BD player.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/support-info.pl?info_id=757&mdl=BDPS590

Thank you for your post.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Stéphan

Sorry, but this Bravia Internet Services will not solve our problem. I have bought this blue-ray player with built-in wi-fi in order to be able to watch my favorite Newscast on my big screen. They ALL require flash player. Could Sony and Adobe try to reach an agreement for flash player to be supported by our blue ray players? Otherwise I would be thinking that I have really wasted my money! Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
BobCat1950

[ Edited ]

i guess if we all, including owners of all Sony blu ray players contact tech support with the suggestion that the frimware be updated to allow the web browser to utilize the flash player it may encourage Sony to solve this problem; i have already suggested it today to tech support and i have a s790 player!! I sure would be a nice improvement!!

Just contacted by Sony support; I was given this answer "I understand you wish Sony to develop a Web Browser for the Blu-ray Disc Player to support Adobe Flash Player contents. The web browser on the Internet video device does not support the use of Adobe Flash Player. Websites that require Adobe Flash Player may not display correctly. It is not possible to download and install the Adobe Flash Player in the built-in web browser of the Blu-ray Disc Player. The built-in Browser of the Blu-ray Disc Player is different from that of the Computer. The Computer has a Cache Memory and RAM to store the contents from websites while streaming the Adobe Flash Player supported Videos. Unfortunately, the Blu-ray Disc Player does not have any such memory to store the contents temporarily while streaming Videos in the built-in Browsers. However, I suggest that you use the built-in YouTube application to stream those videos which require Adobe Flash Player."

Please use plain text.