Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - General

Tuning Up
abbottal

why does my BDP-S390 blu-ray player freeze on lots of disks?

Problem #1:  Your "Select Board" drop-down menu doesn't let me select the Blu-Ray player board. 

Problem #2:  My new BDP-S390 Blu-Ray player freezes up quite often while playing a Blu-Ray disk. So far, it has frozen for about half ot them.  The unit then ignores all commands from the remote control, and from the front panel, except for the 10-second press-the-button-at-the-right reset that's described in the manual.

The only blu-ray disks that I've played are brand new Jason Bourne disks (7 different disks).

I'm guessing that I need to request a warranty replacement of the unit. Any suggestions before I do that?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ColbyP

Re: why does my BDP-S390 blu-ray player freeze on lots of disks?

[ Edited ]

Hello Lynn,

Welcome to Sony Community.

• Try playing different brand of Blu-ray discs.
  • Connect a blank USB drive formatted in FAT 32 file format and play the discs.
  • Factory reset the Player.

Press HOME button on remote and select Setup (brief case icon)>Resetting> Reset to Factory Default Settings.

Note: All the personal settings will be lost once the player is reset.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
jansberg

Re: why does my BDP-S390 blu-ray player freeze on lots of disks?

I find : Try playing different brand of Blu-ray discs. an unacceptable answer as you cannot see which "brand" the BD is??

I have certain disc that freezes up like Lynn says and have tried the different solutions you suggest an none work.. 

Please use plain text.