Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 11 of 17 (2,010 Views)

Re: why won't my BDP s3100 play DVDs anymore?

Unfortunately no improvement. Tried both solutions above. Appreciate any other ideas, as this apparent programmed obsolescence could turn me off to Sony permanently.
Message 12 of 17 (1,976 Views)

Hi MindDrive,

If the steps above did not work, we suggest having it checked. Please visit https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/service.pl for your repair/replacement options.

Best regards,

-Mark

Rookie
Message 13 of 17 (1,045 Views)

Tried this on my BDP-S1500 and it's still saying there is no disc
Enthusiast
Message 14 of 17 (1,040 Views)

Between this and other software related failures that Sony will not fix, we're looking at literally programmed obsolescence. My next unit probably will not be a Sony.
Rookie
Message 15 of 17 (384 Views)

Any follow up from this by Sony? I experienced the same issue with my BDP-S3200 DVD and BluRay player and have gone through all of the suggested fixes on multiple Sony community threads and similar threads elsewhere. DVDs played fine, then suddently being recognized after playing a CD in the device. Since then I have tried to play many different DVDs to no avail, did multiple power resets with no improvement, have run through all the factory resets and tried changing all of the different setting suggested. Nothing works. 

I am curious seeing the number of reads on this thread how many people have experienced this issue. I'll let this message stew for a while in the hopes that a new reply will bring this back up to Sony's attention, but in the mean time I am curious how many people are represented by the thousands of reads I have seen on this and related threads. If this issue is actually the result of intentional, designed obsolescence, I would be very interested in hearing from others who know more about me with respect to exploring a class action lawsuit. To think that something filled with rare earth metals could be intentionally designed to last only a few years is despicable. I hope that it is not the case. Sony - give me some help in thinking positively about you as a company here!

Message 16 of 17 (326 Views)

Hi Frust_Smile,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

I sent you a private message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

-Erin

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 17 of 17 (266 Views)

Hi,
I've got the same kind of problem with my BDP S4100. Since one week or two, my device can't read any DVD (only original, no copies) : when I insert a DVD, the reader says "empty".
Blu Ray and CD are played.
I tried to reboot and changed the settings, but the problem stays.
I can't believe it's an hardware problem, because the device can read Blu Rays and CDs 
Is there a solution ?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook