Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Contributor
flavorhammer

App requests - Netflix and Hulu

Two requests, one for an updated Netflix app to match the quality of other vendors, and the one for a Hulu app, now that Hulu has blocked Chrome, even when user agent strings are changed.

The Netflix app as is, is really the lowest quality Netflix experience possible. Many thanks for your attention to these issues, and for these forums.
Please use plain text.
ForceAlmighty

Re: App requests - Netflix and Hulu

My brand new ES bluray player like all other sony bluray players is in bad need of a Netflix player update. Easily the worst Netflix experience on the market.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-988191

AGREED!!!

They need to look at the WII. It really sucks that we can't even search or add to the queue while in the app :roll:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-911955

I can not believe you have a Netflix search feature on the play station. But not on your Blu ray players. My Kids Wii has a netflix search feature. How can it be that a dedicated movie player is not provided a netflix search feature.
I never bothered to ask before purchasing the s370. It just seemed to be that i should have been able to expect the search feature on the S370. You took the time to put it on your gaming machine!
I was wrong.
And now find that this otherwise decent blu ray player. Is no better than a 59 buck WalMart Black Friday special.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-911955

Very disappointed in the lack of netflix search feature.
What are your plans. When can we expect a update?

This is not the kind of support I would expect from Sony.
Get on the ball!
Please use plain text.
LarryS

I agree with the other posts regarding the lack of any netflix search or browse capability. I was hoping to replace my older blu-ray player and my Roku with the Sony BDP-BX37 purchased at Costco. However, the Sony netflix interface is so lame I may return the Sony player to Costco and purchase another brand that allows me to search/browse the netflix inventory like my Roku device -- unless Sony can assure me that their interface will equal or exceed the Roku interface in the very near future.
Please use plain text.
USER-944331

Agree that the Netflix search capability be added to all Sony Internet devices. I've owned the Bravia Internet Link module (DMXNV1) for two years and have used it for Netflix. Since the NV1 didn't offer Netflix search, I assumed that the NV1 was too old for the Netflix search update, so I just purchased the Sony BDP-BX37 Blu-ray player. To my surprise, the BX37 didn't offer Netflix search. Like the others, my Wii and Roku devices offer Netflix search. Hopefully, Sony will make the necessary updates available to their current and legacy Internet devices.
Please use plain text.
Dan_OMara

Thank you for your post. We are working diligently to enhance the Internet TV product line. We thank for your patience. Please continue to review this Forum area for information regarding firmware updates.
Please use plain text.
Brian-901692

I recently purchased a BluRay BDP-BX57 player, and i'm really disappointed that i did. The Netflix full search interface feature is what i had thought would be included/installed with this unit, but it is not. My sister has a Samsung Blue Ray that can view/select all Netflix titles directly from the the unit/tv. I guess i've found out in order to use the unit, i must first go to my basement and log on to my PC at Netflix to load movie titles to watch into a queue, then log off, go upstairs to my Living Room to watch a movie. I sure hope something can be done with the firmware, or something. I guess i'll soon be ditching this unit in favor of a Samsung or Insignia that would be a more convienent unit. I expected something better with Sony.
Please use plain text.