Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

USER-980288

BDP-BX57 Netflix HD picture quality is unacceptable

Any streaming HD or Std on my new Sony BDP-BX57 Blue-ray player is so bad I can't believe it. I can view the same movie on my Wii (not HD) and the picture is pretty good. I don't understand why the Sony Blue-ray video is so Bad? Is there a setting I haven't discovered or is this a problem between Netflix and Sony? I probably will be returning this unit for another brand if I can't figure it out.
Please use plain text.
MatthewB

Re: BDP-BX57 Netflix HD picture quality is unacceptable

I'm glad you managed to resolve the issue yourself as you have marked the post as resolved. There can be network compatibility/environmental issues that can cause inconsistencies in the stream - also some devices are more tolerant of poor latency than others - generally we recommend to contact Sony support if the issues are persistent. If you have any further issues with the streaming please let us know and we'll be happy to help.
Please use plain text.