Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Tuning Up
ikuhhh
Accepted Solution

BDP-S1100 Internet acces error

I recently bought a BDP-S1100 blu-ray player and tryed to install it. After I plugged in all the cables (including the internet cable) I started the player.

When I try to install the network it says the physical connection is ok, but the internet acces is not working.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
fah20

Re: BDP-S1100 Internet acces error

This is part of a MUCH LARGER Sony issue. The SAME thing has happend to my Sony BDPS 370 with Sony wifi adapter that I have had and has worked fine for what will be 3 years this X-Mas. I have the latest firmware and ALL other devices operate correctly on my wifi network. The odd thing is that I KNOW its a sony issue because if you put in a disc and have it go out on internet to do a gracenote disc information look up it works just fine... just NONE of the aps work anymore. Sony I highly advise that you fix this. I have switched to a ROKU device as my main streaming unit but I will never... I REPEAT.. NEVER purchase another Sony device if you do NOT RESLOVE THIS ASAP! Put an update out that fixes this! NOW!!!  

I reset everything as they suggested and all of my apps went away. I guess it doesnt matter as I could not use them anyway.  sad sad sad.

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
lohith

Hi.

I see that you are using BDPS1100 and not able to access internet.

Follow the steps mentioned below to resolve the issue.Because each of these steps might be possible to resolve the issue.

1.Make sure the modem and router are connected to the Internet by using a computer and viewing different websites.

If the computer or other Internet devices cannot connect to the network, the issue might be with the Internet service. Contact Internet Service Provider (ISP) for further assistance

2.If using a wired Ethernet connection, try connecting the Ethernet cable to a different LAN port on the router.

3.If a secured wireless network is being used, make sure that the security key passphrase is entered correctly.

4.Make sure an IP address is shown. If the IP address flashes or starts with 169, the product has obtained an incorrect IP address. In this case, manually set an IP address.

5.If no IP address is showing, power reset the Sony product and network equipment -cable modem and router- by unplugging the power cords for 30 seconds.

6.Make sure that the Internet speed meets the minimum recommended specification of 2.5Mb for standard definition (SD) content and 10Mb for High Definition (HD) content.

7.Make sure the Sony product has the latest system software update (firmware) installed.

8.If the problem exists, reset the unit to factory settings

NOTE:

1.Dial-up Internet service is not supported.
2.Proxy connections are not supported.
3.Networks that require a log in for authentication such as a Virtual Private Network (VPN) or a PPoE are not supported.
4.Firewall settings of the router may need to be disabled, refer to your ISP for further assistance

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
brian7725

My sony device is getting an IP/DNS/default gateway without any internet connection, I plugged ethernet cord into a laptop and get internet without any problem but the sony device wont , I checked my router and dont see anything blocking , what port does the Sony device use? Want to try to open that port up for the SONY device if that port isnt open already to see if that helps

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
BrianP

Hi brian7725!

For us to further assist you, please provide more information. What is the model number of the Blu-ray player? Click this link to get additional information on how to find the model number.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
brian7725

it is a BDP-S1100 and my router is a Linksys E1200 are there ports I need open or set to forwarding on my firewall?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
BrianP

On the Sony Blu-ray player part, there are no ports you need to open. The Blu-ray player will automatically detects and configures the LAN settings for internet connectivity once an Ethernet cable from the router is connected to the Local Area Network (LAN) port on the back of the player. 

You may follow the link provided above.

Also you can manually set the internet settings via wired setup.

1. Turn on the BD player.
2. Using the supplied remote control, press the Home button.
3. Select Setup.
4. Select Network Settings.
5. Select Internet Settings.
6. Select Wired Setup.
7. Select Auto. 
8. Press the right arrow button once you see the message Internet will be configured with the following settings.
9. Select Save and Connect.

You mentioned that the Sony player won't connect to the internet. Are you getting any error message? If yes, please provide the exact error. Also, after you connect the ethernet cable to the back of the player what do you do? Did you go to Network settings and setup the internet settings? Did you try an internet application? Please elaborate further. Thanks! 
Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
wokker

I contacted a Sony Rep and this is what I got: "We are suspecting an network outage issue on the Sony device. We are currently investigating this issue. I'm really sorry for any inconvenience caused to you. Unfortunately, we do not have any ETA at this point of time. Please try to access the Internet Contents after some time and check the operation."

Please use plain text.
SamT

Hello wokker!

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that our blu-ray player has caused you. We're aware of the network connection issue on our Internet devices yesterday. We've confirmed today that the issue has been resolved. Please get back to us if further assistance is needed. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
lorinmorg

im having same issue and it started a couple days ago. ive factory resetted it and it still has a network error. please help
Please use plain text.