Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 15 (2,623 Views)

BDP S3700 Stuck on BluRay Screen

I need help! I went to switch on my BluRay player today, It's a BDP S3700, and it is completely frozen on the black screen that has a BluRay logo in the middle. It's not responding to my remote, won't turn off, won't reset, nothing. I've tried unplugging it but when I plug it back in, it is stuck back on the same screen again. Has anyone had this problem and what do I need to do to fix it? I've only had this player about 10 weeks. It's the second one I've had that has quit working after a couple months.
Message 2 of 15 (2,574 Views)

Re: BDP S3700 Stuck on BluRay Screen

Hi Violet11,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

We regret to hear that the blu-ray is not responding. Attempt a power reset to resolve this issue. To perform the power reset, press and hold the POWER button on the front of the Blu-ray Disc player for 10 seconds. The Blu-ray Disc player should turn off. If it does not turn off, unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet.

If the power reset did not resolve the issue and the most recent firmware is already installed, then service may be required. 

Best regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 15 (2,505 Views)

That did not work. My player will not even turn off when I try and hold the power button. I have unplugged it but when I plug it back in, it is still stuck in the BluRay splash screen. Is that another step I can take? My player is only a couple months old.
Message 4 of 15 (2,448 Views)

Hi Violet,

Welcome to the Sony Community!

I sent you a private message. Kindly check your community inbox.

Regards,

~Erin

Rookie
Message 5 of 15 (2,426 Views)

[ Edited ]

Rookie
Message 6 of 15 (2,176 Views)

Same product, same issue since 1/4/17
Rep in phone walked me thru different reset scenarios. Offered no other help. Would at least like to get my movie out
See reference E64510144
Unit less than two months old when locked up. Now 4.5 months old. Just been watching discs on Xbox
Message 7 of 15 (2,112 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Clefhanger,

Welcome to the Sony Community!

I was able to review your file using the reference number you have provided. Kindly send me a private message regarding this concern for assistance.

Hope to hear from you.

Regards,

-Mark

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 8 of 15 (2,078 Views)

Hi,

I have tried the full power reset, and even kept it unplugged for 3 days.  Still, I am having the exact same problem.  Please let me know what we can do to resolve this.

Thanks.

Message 9 of 15 (2,016 Views)

Hi Bellabella,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

We are sorry to hear what happened. If we have done performing the power reset and the player is stuck on Blu-ray screen, then let's give it a try to perform a software update. You can download the update on a USB drive, make sure to extract the update file. You may visit this link for more details: https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=BDPS3700&LOC=3#/downloadTab

If updating the software do not fix the issue, our last resort is to have it service. You can check the list of authorized servicer here: https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/service.pl

Regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 15 (1,456 Views)

I am currently experiencing this same exact problem. Stuck on BluRay screen and will not respond when pushing any buttons. 10 second power reset did not work, 2 minute power reset did not work, unplugging from wall for over an hour did not work, update via USB did not work as i cannot navigate away from the BluRay screen under any circumstances. Suggestions?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook