Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 2 (241 Views)

BDP-S3700 - defective player/remote?

I've seen a lot of discussion about problems with this device, the BDP-S3700 Blu-ray/DVD player, and with the remote. I have problems with one or possibly both.

I have had this player since October of 2016. It was a bit fussy/fiddly to set up but has worked dependably enough as a disc player and streaming device.

A couple of days ago the player started getting stuck on the blu-ray splash screen. I unplugged the power and HDMI, then plugged it back in - that worked a couple of times. I did a software update wirelessly, because the system prompted for it. Then, the player stopped responding to the remote. I checked the batteries - fine. Checked the IR - no signal. The player's power and eject buttons do not work, and I have a disc trapped in the player.

The remote certainly seems defective, as does the player.

The window has passed for returning this player to the retailer where I bought it.

My questions:

1. How can I safely get the disc out of the player?

2. What are my options for returning/replacing this defective unit?

Thank you!

Highlighted
Message 2 of 2 (200 Views)

Re: BDP-S3700 - defective player/remote?

Hi M_E_R,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

You may consider following these steps to safely remove the discs:

1. Turn off the Blu-ray Disc player.
  2. Disconnect the power cord or AC adapter.
  3. Allow the disc player to remain without power for 30 seconds.
  4. Connect the power cord or AC adapter to a power outlet.
  5. Press and hold the OPEN/CLOSE or EJECT button located on the front of the disc player, then simultaneously press the PLAY, EJECT and STOP buttons on the remote control.

IMPORTANT: For some Blu-ray Disc Home Theater models, it is necessary to press and hold the OPEN/CLOSE and PLAY buttons simultaneously, then reconnect the power cord.

NOTE: This step may require the assistance of a second person.

6.  Remove the disc.

For the remote that does not work or does not respond to the command, you may visit this link:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29977

Feel free to send me a private message if these steps failed to resolve the issue.

Best regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook