Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Tuning Up
michaelga
Accepted Solution

BDP-S390, USB, No playable files(.JPG)

I have down loaded photos to a memory stick.  The photos will play on my Sharp TV (via the  TV USB) but not from my BDP-S390.  I select USB from my sony player and the unit recgonizes the usb memory stick and photo file folders (Alaska, Cats, ect.).  When I click on the file folder the display reads "there is no playable file".  The photos were taken with a Sony camera and have a file extension .JPG.  I then loaded (with windows explorer) 2 photos on another brand (San Disk) memory stick and these photos will not display (same message).  What am  I missing?  

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ErikV

Re: BDP-S390, USB, No playable files(.JPG)

Hi,

Player should display .JPG files. Try changing the resolution of image files to the same resolution of those images are playing.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accepted Solution".

Thank you for your post.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
michaelga

How do I change the resolution of the image files?  When I select PROPERTIES of an image (picture) the horizontal and vertical resolution are 72 DPI, the the width and height are 1280 X 960 PIXELS and the image type is  JPEG. Is there something I have to set on the player?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ErikV

There is no such setting available in the Player. You can use any photo editing software to lower resolution of images.

Please use plain text.